How To Use Nespresso Aeroccino 3 Frother
First make sure the underside of the jug is dry. Modify the whisk for either frothing or steaming. If you want to froth milk for a cappuccino, leave the coil ring around the whisk. If you want to steam milk for a latte, remove the coil ring. Add the desired level of milk to one of the two max levels on the container. If you are using the coil ring to froth milk, never fill above the lower max line otherwise the milk will overflow. If you are not using the ring, you can fill to either max line. Place the jug on the base. Press the button to start. For hot preparations, press the button only briefly. For cold frothing, keep the button pressed for two seconds. You can also see my complete guide on how to use the Aero3.
Nespresso Vertuo Next With Aeroccino 3 By Breville
- IMPOSSIBLY GOOD QUALITY: Only Vertuo machine that brews 5 sizes: coffee , Espresso , and new pour-over style carafe coffee exclusively for Vertuo Next.
- Advanced sustainability: 54% recycled materials in machine, 100% sustainable packaging
- Adjustable cup support
- Large 37 oz. water tank
- Capsule barcode reading: recognizes capsule type and extracts the required volume and temperature needed
- Advanced, ultra-quiet Centrifusion technology relies on centrifugal force to gently and precisely brew coffee and espresso topped with natural amber crema for deep, complex flavor and rich aroma
Bluetooth/Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to get software updates and reorder capsules through your smartphone or tablet
- Dimensions: 16.97″ L x 5.5″ W x 12.52″ H
- Dimensions for Aeroccino: 4.1″ diameter x 5.5″ x 6.7″ H
- Weight: 10.7 lb.
- Capacity for Aeroccino: 4.4 oz. cold milk 8.5 oz. hot milk
- One coffee maker, one Aeroccino 3
How Does The Nespresso Aeroccino Work
Its super simple.
1. Plug it in.
2. Take lid off.
3. Pour milk into the aeroccino. Note, you dont want to pour milk to the top. If you pour in too much milk, it will flow over. I found that pouring milk so that it filled up about 1/3 of the container worked just fine.
4. Push the button on the side. The button will light up. When the button light turns off, its done. It takes about 40 to 50 seconds.
5. Scoop the foam out. There is a little milk in warm liquid form remaining that you can pour into your coffee too.
Its super easy and fast. All cappuccino and latte lovers should get this milk foamer.
Read Also: Which Energy Drink Has The Most Caffeine
Aeroccino 3 Vs 4 Differences
- Foam: The Aeroccino 3 only has one hot foam setting vs the Aeroccino 4 which has two. The newer model can make both an airy milk foam for cappuccinos and a denser milk foam for macchiatos.
- Whisks: The Aeroccino 4 can prepare milk in any way using just one built-in whisk. In contrast, the Aeroccino 3 has two different whisks and you need to insert the one you want to use. The whisk with the wire coil make hot or cold foam, whereas the ring whisk without the coil heats milk.
- Cleaning: Only the whisks of the Aerocinno 3 can go in the dishwasher. The interior of the frother itself has a nonstick material so you need to wash it by hand after each use with a gentle cloth. In contrast, all except parts the base of the Aeroccino 4 can be are dishwasher safe. However, you may want to turn off the heat-drying function of your dishwasher.
- Design: The Aeroccino 4 comes in a sleek chrome finish vs the third generation which is mostly black plastic. The Aeroccino 4 also has a handle and spout for easier pouring.
- Size: The Aeroccino 4 has a slightly wider diameter at 7 inches vs only 4 inches for the Aeroccino 3. The Aeroccino 3 is also about an inch and a half shorter.
Is The Nespresso Aeroccino Worth It
Only you can answer that.
If you find that youre spending a small fortune on lattes or cappuccinos at your high street coffee house and you want to save a few bucks by creating the same coffee-based drinks at home, then yes, the Nespressos Aeroccino milk frother is going to be a great buy. And you will make the money back on your initial investment pretty quickly.
These electric milk frothing devices are both very capable of what they are designed to do. The Nespresso Aeroccino 3 and Aeroccino 4 are easy to use and take up very little counter space.
Simplicity is where both excel, removing all guesswork from creating a large batch of frothy milk foam Theyre almost a plug and play gadget.
However, if you are a home coffee enthusiast who wants more control over the milk microfoam, the Aeroccino might not be a good choice, and you might be better off investing in a good espresso machine with a built-in steam wand.
Recommended Reading: Where Is Community Coffee Grown
Should You Buy A Nespresso Aeroccino 3
The Nespresso Aeroccino 3 has two settings: one for hot foam and one for cold foam.
While Id advocate that any milk frother would be a morning game-changer, Ive been really impressed with how easy it is to use the Nespresso Aeroccino 3. Its frothed my skim milk quietly with no troubles since I brought it home, although my friend mentioned it took her a few tries to find the right brand of almond milk that frothed .
Cleaning the Aeroccino is almost as easy as operating itjust rinse immediately after use with hot soapy water . The milk doesnt crust onto its sides, but the frother does need a little bit of an extra wipe to ensure you rinse away all the loosely sticking foam.
If youre not a perfectionist like me, dont keep the lid on it while its not in use. I accidentally capped it when it wasnt fully clean , and the next morning there was a spoiled smell coming from inside. Fortunately, a good cleaning and an overnight with the lid unattached eliminated the odor, and I havent had the problem since.
If you can’t drink your coffee without milkor you entertain houseguests who enjoy coffeethere’s honestly no reason why you shouldn’t treat yourself to this swoon-worthy device.
Aeroccino 3 Vs 4 Similarities
- Hot and Cold Frothing: Both models can make hot foam for cappuccinos and macchiatos, hot milk for a latte or hot chocolate, and cold foam for an iced macchiato or iced coffee
- Milk Type: Both models recommend using cow milk for best results, either reduced fat or whole milk. Reduced fat milk will make a dry, stiff foam whereas whole milk will produce a wet silky foam. Either is fine, it is just a matter of preference. Non-dairy milks will not froth as well given lower fat content.
- Speed: Both machines can froth milk pretty quickly, in about 70-80 seconds.
- Energy Saving: Both the Aeroccino 3 and Aeroccino 4 have auto shut off functionality.
Don’t Miss: Keurig K Latte Coffee Maker With Milk Frother
How To Use Nespresso Aeroccino 4 Frother
Place the clean whisk in the Aeroccino 4 and then add milk to one of the two max level indicators inside the jug. For milk froth, you will not want to exceed 120 ml. For hot milk, stay at or below 240 ml. Put the lid on the jug and make sure the bottom of the jug is dry before placing it on the base. The 4 buttons should display a steady light. Press the desired button to start milk preparation. The light will start blinking but will turn steady when the milk is ready.
If you need more help, see the complete Aeroccino 4 user manual.
get our latest guides, reviews, recipes and more for your coffee machine in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Check your email and confirm your subscription.
Something went wrong.
Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother Review
For many of us on the Home Grounds team, nothing quite hits the spot like a velvety, creamy cappuccino. Along with fresh coffee beans, a quality grinder, an espresso machine, and milk, every delicious cappuccino needs a great milk frother. Enter the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother.
What sets the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother apart from the competition? Lets dive into the details in this Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother review.
Nespresso aeroccino Milk Frother Review
You May Like: Glass Top Wood Base Coffee Table
Nespresso Aeroccino 4 Milk Frother
- Froth four different styles of milk hot milk foam , cold milk foam and hot milk
- Equipped with an energy saving mode
- Clean up the frother easily in the dishwasher
- Create cold froth in 60 seconds and hot foam in just over that
- Whisk while frothing and heating
- Premium design, capacitive buttons and ergonomic handle for easy use
- Dimensions: 4.3″ L x 4.3″ W x 7.4″ H
What Is The Aeroccino
The Aeroccino is a handy, portable electric milk frother from Nespresso.
Its mission is to froth and heat the milk so that, in a few seconds, you get a large amount of whipped, creamy, and consistent froth with which to crown your coffees. This device from Nespresso works in silence, which is perfect for preparing a coffee, when you get up early and dont want to wake your family. A great froth is whipped up within a minute and youre good to go. Froth is part of a cappuccino, latte recipe.
Read Also: How Is Decaf Coffee Processed
Free Standard Shipping On Orders Over $39
Free Standard Shipping with any online purchase of $39 excluding gift cards and store pick up items . Truck delivery and shipping surcharges on over-sized or extremely heavy items will still apply . Products qualifying for Free Shipping will be identified with “Standard free. If you select a shipping method other than Standard, shipping charges will apply.
} questions · }}}}}0} answers ·Ask a Question
}}} }Bed Bath & Beyond Customer} ·
}}} }Bed Bath & Beyond Customer} ·
} ? ‘Showing } out of ‘ + + ‘ reviews’ : ‘Showing } out of ‘ + + ‘ reviews'”> Showing } out of } reviews
Control And Features: How Much Do You Want
With both models, youre going to get a quality milk frother that does what it says on the tin: heating and frothing your milk or coffee creamer for espresso drinks.
But when it comes to additional features and settings , theres no competition. The Nespresso Aeroccino 4 blows the Aeroccino 3 out of the water.
But some users may not want all the extra settings and are simply looking for a no-fuss milk frother that will give them the frothy milk foam they want without all the extra steps or effort. The Aeroccino 3 is the better option for those users, and even more so at a lower price point.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Energy Without Caffeine
Dishwasher Safe: Is It A Must
For many users, having a milk frother that is easy to clean and maintain is non-negotiable. So at first glance, the obvious choice must be the Nespresso Aeroccino 4, right?
Since its dishwasher safe and the Aeroccino 3 isnt, the choice is easy for many users who dont want to bother with handwashing their frother every time they use it.
But if you dont have a dishwasher or prefer not to use one, this isnt a problem. Some users may prefer washing their frother by hand to make sure that they get it properly clean, and in that case, the choice may just come down to personal preference.
Nespresso Aeroccino 3 Vs : High
For a typical home barista, one of the most difficult things to achieve is a pitcher of properly textured frothed milk for your morning coffee. You need just the right technique, enough pressurized steam, and a frothing jug to create foam thatll pour well for latte art. And mastering that takes time, an espresso machine with a steam wand, and practice.
For those mornings when time is short and multitasking is a necessity, a good milk frother might be the easiest route from you to your cappuccino. Keep reading for Home Grounds review of the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother and discover why it might be right for you.
Summary: The Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother 4
- Compact milk frother with an 8-ounce capacity.
- Creates customizable milk froth, steamed milk, and cold milk foam at a touch of a button.
- Works fast, producing hot froth in 80 seconds and steamed milk in less than 150 seconds.
Its heating coil is incredibly effective, it makes all this frothed foam, its super quiet, youre not gonna burn yourself, and its really, really easy to use.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Flavia Coffee Machine
How The Nespresso Milk Frother Works
The Nespresso milk frother could not be easier to use. One canister, one button, and fifteen seconds is all you will need. Simply pour fresh milk into the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother to the lower of the indicator lines, press the button, a red light will appear, and in a matter of seconds you will have light, creamy foam for convenient use in all of your fancy latte and cappuccino favorites. We recommend our New Customer Special to explore which espresso tastes best with your steamed milk.
Interior Material And Durability
Both Nespresso Aeroccino 3 and 4 heat milk using induction through their base materials, which are different for each. Nespresso Aeroccino 3 has a non-stick Teflon surface thats easy to clean up. However, it wears down over time. Youll notice it starts to peel off, like what happens to the non-stick Teflon coating on pots and pans.
Nespresso Aeroccino 4 interior coating is a ceramic non-stick coating that is more resilient and wont tear over time. It wont peel off and is more durable compared to Teflon.
Don’t Miss: How To Deliver Hot Coffee
Nespresso Aeroccino 3 Milk Frother In Black
- Welcome Rewards members earn 10 points per $1
- Welcome Rewards+ members earn 50 points per $1
- Welcome Rewards Credit Card holders earn an additional 50 points on every purchase
Similar products we recommend:
What Is The Difference Between Aeroccino 3 And 4
So which Nespresso milk frother will be the best fit for you? The Aeroccino 3 or the 4?
Below I have delved deeper and taken a closer look at the features and functions each Aeroccino offers. I have even included a handy chart so you can quickly see a side-by-side comparison of both frothing devices.
Don’t Miss: How Is Caffeine Removed From Coffee
Do Not Buy The Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother If
- Youre on a budget: While neither the Aeroccino 3 nor the Aeroccino 4 are the most expensive frothers, they are still investments that may not be worthwhile if you dont drink milk-based coffee drinks on a regular basis. A cheaper option is to froth milk in a basic French press, a technique endorsed by champion barista Lance Hedrick .
- You have limited counter space: If youre short on space, the Aeroccino 3 is much more compact than the Aeroccino 4. But if that still doesnt fit your kitchen, consider a hand-held frother like the Powerlix instead. Keep in mind that hand-held frothers only whip the milk, they dont heat it. So youll also need a stovetop or microwave handy.
- You dont like uni-taskers in the kitchen: Honestly, theres no getting around the fact that the Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother is just that: a milk frother. According to the manual, using anything other than milk could damage the Aeroccinos components. If you want to get a little more creative with your milk frother, spend a bit more for the Breville Milk Cafe milk frother. It can make all your favorite coffee beverage recipes, but can also be used to prepare treats like hot chocolate and mulled wine!
Recommendation And Which Aeroccino Is For You
Nespresso Aeroccino 3 milk frother is a good option if youre on a budget and the ease of use is your main concern. This is a good choice if you dont plan to clean the milk frother in the dishwasher and you have no desire to create latte art. Its also a good buy if you dont mind swapping out the two whisks.
Nespresso Aeroccino 3 highlights:
Recommended Reading: Which Coffee Creamer Has The Least Calories
Aeroccino 3 Milk Frother
The Nespresso Aeroccino 3 was initially released in 2012 and was the successor to the now discontinued Aeroccino Plus.
The Aeroccino 3 is simple to use it is almost foolproof. Theres not a lot that can go wrong with one single button and a lid.
To produce hot milk foam, you simply press down on the button located on the side for one second until it lights up red.
With the Aeroccino 3, Its also possible to make cold frothed milk for iced coffee and cold brew. Just press down on the button for 2 seconds until it lights up blue.
The Aeroccino 3 comes with one whisk, which has a spring that needs to be removed depending on the type of milk froth you want. The original version shipped with two separate whisks. However, the Aeroccino3 was later redesigned to accommodate one whisk, which can be converted.
One thing I dont like is the lack of a handle which can make pouring your milk slightly challenging, especially if you have damp hands. The outer body does have a ribbed design, but I found that that offered minimal additional grip.
One of the drawbacks of the Aeroccino 3 frother is it isnt dishwasher safe, so you can only hand wash and wipe down the unit with a damp cloth. Not a deal breaker, but definitely something to keep in mind.
Comparing it to the Aeroccino 4, the 3 does feel less durable with the body being made from plastic. Plus, the stainless jug inside has a Teflon non-stick coating, which isnt ideal.