What Kind Of Milk Should You Use
This depends on what do you prefer a fuller taste or a lot of foam.
Whole milk is great if you want to work up a froth with a full flavor and a creamy texture, just perfect to take some of the bitterness in your coffee away.
Low-fat milk works up a perfect froth, with a lot of flavor and a decent foam. Perfect for latte and cappuccino.
Skim milk is low on fats and you will get a very airy froth
How To Make Homemade Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer
You wouldnt believe how easy it is to make homemade coffee creamer. All you need is really just a few simple ingredients for and creamy coffee treat.
Here are the easy steps for how to make homemade coffee creamer:
- Combine heavy cream with whole milk and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until it begins to steam slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Thats seriously all there is to it! Have it on hand for your morning coffee or an afternoon iced coffee. So easy and so simple.
Flavor Variations And Ingredient Substitutions
- Feel free to play around with the flavorings. You can swap the vanilla extract for another extract of your choosing . Start with a small amount of extract, taste it, and add more until you get the flavor you like. If youd prefer to skip adding the flavoring you can just mix the half-and-half and syrup.
- The half-and-half can be swapped for any type of milk. I really like the richness of half-and-half, but if youd like a lower fat/calorie alternative you can use milk or nut milk.
- You can swap the maple syrup for another liquid sweetener. If youd prefer to use sugar, you will need to dissolve the sugar in an equal amount of boiling water .
Also Check: Is Coffee Okay After Tooth Extraction
Use Two Cups To Indicate When A Pot Was Made
Nobody likes drinking old coffee, but when you’re sharing a pot with roommates or coworkers, it’s not always obvious if the coffee is fresh or not. To avoid the guessing, put two foam cups on top of each other by the pot. Mark the bottom cup with increments of time, and the top with an arrow pointing down, then be sure to move the arrow to the time the pot was made when you make coffee.
Nondairy Homemade Coffee Creamer Recipe
Coconut milk and coconut oil contain medium chain fatty acids, or MCTs, which are easily digested and converted to energy. Start your day off right by adding this delicious coconut milk coffee creamer recipe into your morning cup of joe.
This nondairy homemade creamer for coffee or tea is incredibly tasty and so simple to make in less than five minutes.
Don’t Miss: Does Snapple Tea Have Caffeine
Califia Farms Almondmilk Coffee Creamer
Next up, for our Almondmilk fans out there we have the Califia Farms Almondmilk Coffee Creamer. It is soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, carrageenan-free, non-GMO, kosher, and veganOh my! This particular one is Unsweetened. But you can also get it in Hazelnut, Pecan Caramel, and Vanilla.
Plus, this creamer is one 10 calories per serving! So if you are trying to go for a healthier option than your standard creamer.
- Gellan Gum
Can You Make Keto Collagen Coffee Creamer
Yes, you can also make keto diet approved coffee creamer with collagen.
TIP: To add collagen directly to the creamer, add it while the creamer is warm. It dissolves easiest this way.
The amount to add is up to you. Id recommend starting with 3-4 scoops for the batch of keto creamer.
- Pure Collagen Peptides Simply grass-fed collagen. Nothing added.
Its also fine to add the collagen directly to your coffee.
You May Like: Folgers Decaf Coffee Process
Keto Approved Coffee Creamer Options To Buy
If you want to skip the prep time altogether, there are lots of keto-friendly coffee creamer options including dairy-free and shelf-stable options:
- Heavy Cream If you want to keep it simple, just sweeten your coffee with heavy cream. You can add Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend for sweetness if you like unlike other keto sweeteners, it dissolves effortlessly!
- Perfect Keto Powdered MCT Oil This one adds a surprising creamy texture and boost of healthy fats to your morning brew and it even comes with flavor options.
- Nutpods With a squeaky clean list of ingredients, this zero-carb liquid creamer froths up just as well as conventional types. Get them in tasty flavors like French vanilla, caramel and hazelnut!
- Picknik Creamer Tastes like half and half, but its made with grass-fed butter, grass-fed whey, and MCT oil.
- Kitu Super Creamer This one is sweetened with monk fruit and has a little extra protein in each serving.
- Laird Unsweetened Superfood Creamer Like Perfect Keto, this creamer is powdered and shelf-stable and made almost entirely out of coconut!
Upgrade Your Coffee Maker
Are you still using a decades-old drip machine? You may want to upgrade your equipment to enjoy your coffee with creamer! We recommend trying a pour-over for complex, clear coffee with lots of flavors. You can also try a French press or stovetop Moka pot for rich, full-bodied coffee, or get the affordable AeroPress for delicious brewing on the go. Have a larger budget? Try an authentic Italian espresso machine!
You May Like: Starbucks Bottled Iced Coffee Caffeine Content
How To Make Coffee With Half And Half
You probably think this is a no-brainer, and that it doesnt require directions.
Well its true, everyone can certainly mix half and half with their coffee however, in my experience the following is the best way to do it.
- Pour the desired amount half and half into the mug youll be drinking your coffee in before you make the coffee.
- Heat it in the microwave to take the chill out, maybe 20 seconds.
- Once the coffee is ready, pour it directly into the warmed half and half. Dont use a spoon! The pour mixes it perfectly, and its a lovely process.
One morning while I was attending Culinary school, I just happened to be standing next to one of the head chefs as he was making his coffee. There was no discussion about it, but I watched him add the half and half to his cup and pour the coffee into it. Ive never done it another way since.
Its not just for breakfast or brunch. My perfect cup of coffee can be from morning through the afternoon.
Good Quality In Instant Coffee
Its instant. Whats there to worry about quality? We cant be far from wrong assuming this thought as instant coffee relies on quality. Its important to buy gourmet coffee mixes of high quality to experience a taste that wont disappoint. There is an argument among coffee lovers that the freeze-drying method over spray drying, while the only difference is one has a granular look and the other is powdered. The latter is easier to prepare being powdered and when picked from the best of coffee estates, it enriches the taste and aroma instantly. When these beans are roasted and ground in small batches, packaged tightly, it retains the taste of the original coffee taste, much like an Ayurvedic coffee experience. You should also be aware of thetop beauty benefits of coffee.
Can You Use Powdered Coffee Creamer Instead Of Milk
Youre here because youre thinking of replacing milk with powdered coffee creamer. Most people agree that this is a good choice, since powdered coffee creamer is a healthier alternative to milk that has a lot of benefits, such as being low calorie, having no cholesterol, and being free of lactose. But you may be wondering if its possible to use powdered coffee creamer in place of milk, and get the same results. Most people think that its impossible, but the answer is actually quite simple.
Its hard to think of a better way to start the day than with a steaming cup of coffee. But what many people dont know is that there are alternatives to milk that can be just as good asif not better thanthe real thing. For example, you can easily replace the huge amount of fat in milk with a much, much lesser amount of fat from the sugar in coffee.
There are a lot of people that think it is perfectly okay to use powdered creamer instead of milk, but there are also a lot of people that make this mistake. Before making the switch, I would suggest talking to your coffee shop owners about the possibility of using powdered creamer. If they dont mind, then go for it, but if not, then definitely do not.
If you dont have any dry milk on hand and a recipe asks for it, powdered coffee creamer is a good alternative. It has a milk-like flavor, and some people prefer it over dry milk for cooking or baking since it has a creamier flavor.
Answers to Related Questions
Make Your Own Creamer
Save money on creamer by making your own at home using just milk and flavored extract. Just mix a few drops of vanilla or almond extract into some milk, and you’ve got a perfectly good creamer for your coffee. Plus, it will last longer than store-bought creamers, so you don’t have to worry about it going bad.
Also Check: How Much Caffeine In Snapple Peach Tea
Homemade Chocolate Coffee Creamer
Well, since we missed our homemade coffee creamer recipe last month, I figured we better double up on them this month. And what could be better than a decadent Homemade Chocolate Coffee Creamer to turn your morning coffee into a decadent mocha treat?! Thankfully, this recipe is super simple to make in just a few quick minutes, and you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand!
For this chocolate coffee creamer, you can choose to use either cocoa powder or chocolate syrup. Both are delicious, so you really can’t go wrong. But for the cocoa powder, you’ll want to follow the directions carefully and pour the hot milk mixture over top of the cocoa powder so that it mixes in smooth without any clumps.
Best Coffee Roast Level For Black Coffee Light Medium Or Dark
In case you dont know how coffee gets its brown color.
Raw coffee is green. You need to roast it before it looks like the dark brown bean that you are familiar with.
But there are different roast levels. Think of a steak, theres rare, medium and well-done. And a few stages between.
Same with coffee beans. There is light roast, medium roast, and dark roast. The longer you roast, the darker the bean gets, but also the stronger, harsher, it tastes. Light and medium roasts are more citrusy or fruity, sometimes floral in aromas and flavors.
This is the roast level we need for black coffee. Light to medium! We need fruity flavors, citrus acidity and just a tiny bit of bitterness for the balance.
The problem is, though, you will have a hard time to find light roast coffees in grocery stores. Rather medium, which is fine. But in the next chapter, Ill explain to you why we do not want to buy our coffee in grocery stores.
Recommended Reading: Sonic Iced Coffee Twist
Things You Can Buy To Help You Make The Perfect Iced Coffee:
- MY FAVORITE GLASS MUGS: I absolutely love these glass mugs and I use them for both coffee and tea. Theyre microwavable and large.
- TALL GLASSES: I use these for iced tea and iced coffee and any drink where I want to add ice in a tall glass.
- TALL PLASTIC GLASSES: I also have this set of plastic, non-breakable glasses since we have a pool area and use them outside often in warmer weather. They are dishwasher safe.
- TALL SPOONS: These are a must if you use the tall glasses!
- SILICONE ICE CUBE TRAYS: Even if you have an ice maker built-in to your refrigerator, you would totally love these ice cube trays. I love the shape of the cube molds , and they come out super easy with bendable silicone. You may also choose to make ice cubes out of coffee, so these are perfect for that.
- COFFEE STIRRER STICKS: We have a little coffee station in our kitchen, and since I dont always like to get our spoons dirty these wooden stirrer sticks come in handy.
- GLASS MEASURING CUP: You might already have one of these in your kitchen, but its definitely a must-have .
- RE-USABLE STRAWS: I use these for everything I drink these days. This set comes with a straw cleaner, which is a nice thing to have!
- MY FAVORITE NO-CALORIE SWEETENER: I just started using this sweetener for tea and coffee, and Im obsessed with it. No aftertaste!
Spice Up Your Grounds
Open up your spice cabinet. Ta-dah! There are a ton of yummy spices you can add directly to the coffee grounds before brewing, for a flavor you can customize every day. Then you can use the real milk thats already in your fridge to add a creamy sweetness.
A generous dash of spices for a four-cup pot will do, but test out different amounts to suit your own tastes. Here are some top spice choices:
Cinnamon Recreate that sticky-bun flavor for your morning wake-up.
Chicory This woody root has actually been used as a coffee substitute.
Pumpkin pie spice Pumpkin spice lattes are everyones fall favorite, and if youve ever made a pumpkin pie, you probably already have a little container of the spices in stock. You can even do the same with apple pie spice, too!
Cloves A sweet, spicy flavor to put you in the Christmas spirit any time of year.
Nutmeg Oaky. Nutty. Reminds me of eggnog.
Cocoa If you love the taste of strong coffee but not the extra caffeine, add some cocoa. This creates not so much a mocha flavor, but a spicy bitterness.
Hot chocolate mix Heres what you use if you want the mocha flavor just be careful of the extra sugar. A little bit will cover you, and you can add it directly to the cup. Hint: Chocolate milk works, too.
Vanilla extract This one can go in the grounds or in the cup. I usually stick with a capful for a four-cup pot.
Cardamom An exotic, smoky flavor people in the Middle East often use in their coffee and tea.
Recommended Reading: Average Size Of A Coffee Table
What Is Coffee Creamer
Coffee creamer is also known as non-dairy creamer.
In the common terms, people also call it as a coffee whitener.
It is a liquid granular substance which is used to add in the tea and coffee to enhance its taste.
It is used as a replacement for milk or cream in your coffee.
One benefit of using coffee creamers is that they do not contain lactose unlike your regular milk.
So, it is beneficial for people who have lactose allergy.
But most of these creamers do contain a milk derived protein named as Casein.
You dont have to store them in the refrigerators and their shelf life is also longer like a milk powder.
Along with dry coffee creamers, you will also get to see liquid coffee creamers in the market.
They need to be stored properly in your fridge and need to be packed tightly to preserve them for long period.
These creamers do contain various types of flavours though such as hazelnut, vanilla, etc.
For people, who are health conscious, they can use low fat and low calorie versions of these coffee creamers.
Sugar For Your Coffee
You probably already put this in your coffee with the creamer, but just leave out that second part! Its an easy way to mask the acidity and bitterness in coffee, if that is not your thing. A lot of people load up their coffee with sugar, so just be cautious of just how much you are putting in. Need assistance on being cautious, check out Why Cream and Sugar is Bad For You. Did you know for ever 1 tea spoon of sugar you use, youre adding 16 calories?
Pro Tip: Add simple syrup to your iced coffees and cold brews. Simple syrup is sugar water, so the sugar is pre-dissolved. No more full sugar grains in your coffee! Its made with equal parts sugar and hot water. See a full guide here!
Recommended Reading: Xs Energy Drinks Bad For You
Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
This recipe is quick, easy, budget-friendly, and tastes just like the gourmet coffee-shops, if not better!
When you live in California, you have a ton of options for great coffee. But whe you start hitting all the hottest coffee shops around town, it gets to be quite expensive. At one point, I ended up splurging on a $10 latte at Alfreds Coffee!
But as always, nothing beats the homemade version taste-wise and money-wise. And with this easy perfect iced coffee recipe, you wont have to overpay for coffee ever again.
All you have to do is brew your coffee the night before using good-quality coffee beans. That way, it can come to room temperature by the time the morning comes around. Now I have personally never been a fan of pouring hot coffee over ice but if it doesnt bother you, then you can whip this up in the morning its up to you!
Then you can whip up a batch of simple syrup, but only if you need it. A batch should last you for a few weeks, unless you like to douse your coffee in sugary goodness. No judgment here. Then you can add a splash of milk or half-and-half, although I highly recommend the latter.
Now you can skip the hectic Starbucks line and have quality coffee for a quarter of the price right at home!