Do: Figure Out What Filler You Want
What even is lip filler?; Well, honey, its hyaluronic acid its what gives your lips the plump, hydrated look.; ;However, like all good things in life, fillers arent created equal!; Here are a couple different filler options:
- Juvederm Ultra XC: plump, full lips
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC: the biggest molecule, so def use this one if you want the plumpest pout! Think Kylie Jenner!
- Juvederm Volbella: best for smoothing lips. Def a subtle and more natural look
- Restylane: allover lip volume
- Restylane Silk: with a small HA molecule, the result is super subtle, so best for smoothing the lips and defining the lip line
Answer: When Can I Eat After Having Lip Fillers
Great question. I am quite liberal with my post treatment advice in that I;let me patients eat and drink as soon as they feel any anaesthetic effect has worn off completely, to prevent them spilling drinks, biting their lips or any other injury. The fillers should not move around with normal lip movements. But;I would refrain from heavy petting for at least 24 hours!! 😉
When To Dissolve Fillers
If you are unhappy with the results, it might not be worth it to wait for a year or more for the fillers to wear off. Its an easy process but you need a trusted practitioner to dissolve your fillers and get your old lips back. From there, you can leave them as it is or again go for the fillers .
Hyaluronidase / hyalase injections are used to break down the fillers and bring them back to their original state. This enzyme occurs naturally in our body. That is the reason why lip fillers dissolve naturally over time. However, injecting the enzyme further speeds up the process. Hyaluronidase acid is mixed with saline and then injected in the right area.
The enzymes will continue to dissolve the fillers even after you leave the practitioners office. Within one week, your lips will return to their original state. After that, your practitioner will recommend the right treatment that will give you the look you are looking for.
Read Also: Is Keto Coffee Good For You
Why Is It Good To Plan Ahead For Cosmetic Injections And Lip Filler Before Big Events
- As mentioned above, the typical downtime after dermal filler or cosmetic;lip injections is minimal, but the suggested time frames may still be a good rule of thumb.
- Every person reacts uniquely. YOU might be fine, with no swelling or bruising at all. Or,; you might just be one of the unlucky ones who has an adverse reaction such as a lot of bruising or swelling. Be sure you are familiar with filler injecting risks.
Its always good to allow a bit of extra time, especially if its your first time. And most people in the cosmetic industry agree that enhancing your looks gradually is fine. But its often best NOT to change your looks too drastically before a big event.
Less is more in terms of filler injection volumes, but more is more when it comes to having enough healing time before a big event.
In general, a minimum of 3 weeks to 5 weeks of healing time after lip filler and other cosmetic injections is a good suggestion for most events.
But allow longer healing time frames if its a one-off event such as a wedding or speaking engagement. This is especially true if youre the bride or the featured keynote speaker!
DO have sensitive skin or bruise easily? Allow longer.
Dont Fly Too Soon After Getting Dermal Filler Injections
Dont FLY too soon after getting cosmetic injections including lip filler.
Heres why you shouldnt fly too soon just after getting cosmetic injections including lip augmentation or other facial filler injections:
- Exercising right after cosmetic injections can impede and/or complicate your results
- This relates partially to the movement or body temperature/body heat
- And partially to the impact of exercise on your hydration levels .
- Sweating on the filler or wrinkle-relaxing needle entry points or where the cannula was used isnt good as it could lead to bacterial problems on the injecting site.
Why should you wait at least 2 weeks before flying after getting Lip Fillers or other Dermal Fillers?
- Flying after muscle relaxing injections; is typically fine, but if youve also had dermal fillers the best advice is to wait for a few weeks.
- Thats because flying not only tends to dehydrate you, it often alters the pressure on your skin and other tissues.
- Because dermal fillers attract the water in your body to help them;merge with your existing tissues, to create VOLUMETRIC INCREASES different atmospheric pressures such as on planes might lead to adverse reactions for some patients.
So DONT FLY for at least 2 weeks after getting dermal fillers/facial fillers.
- Read our blog Flying After Fillers: Hidden Dangers for more information
Don’t Miss: Can I Take Linzess With Coffee
What They Dont Tell You About Alcohol And Cosmetic Injectables
While Botox and fillers are incredibly safe, they can come along with side effects that alcohol can worsen. If you have an appointment to get injectables, staying away from alcohol for at least 48-72 hours before, can be a clever idea to lessen the effects of swelling, bleeding and bruising.
Alcohol is one of the most significant factors for more than average bleeding during your injectables appointment. Alcohol is a substance that is known to thin the blood, and the blood vessels can become enlarged after having a few drinks even days after drinking. During treatment, more blood, bruising and swelling may appear if you recently indulged.
Not just alcohol should be avoided, but also other substances that are known to thin the blood. For example, any brands of aspirin or vitamin E should also be avoided 48-72 hours before and after an injectables appointment to prevent extra unwanted side effects. Exercising or using a sauna on the same day as your treatment should also be avoided because they can cause the blood vessels to dilate and increase side effects.
Although one drink most likely will not completely eradicate injectables, going overboard with drinking can cause Botox or fillers to diminish and also make side effects appear, even after treatment is done.
Answer: Eating After Lip Injections
There are no limitations about when or what to eat after lip injections. ;The only thing to keep in mind is some physicians may numb your lips with either an injection or cream, if this is the case, you should avoid hot items so as to avoid burning yourself. The injection will last longer so you’d want to wait until you have feeling back. ;If this was not done then you are all set. ;The only thing I tell my patients to avoid that first day is wearing lipstick and high intensity exercise which can be resumed the next morning.;
Read Also: How To Brew Cold Brew Coffee
Avoid High Temperature Rooms
Steam rooms, saunas, hot showers, and exercise classes are a no-no post treatment. High heat makes the blood vessels dilate, which can prolong the swelling caused by the fillers. It’s best to avoid high temperature rooms or 24 hours to 48 hours after dermal filler injections. If youre planning to take a shower immediately after your treatment, the water should be lukewarm.;
Make sure to keep cool after getting lip fillers. In fact, you should take a piece of ice covered in cloth and rub it around your lips. This will help ease swelling, itching, or bruising in the filler treatment area.;
What To Do & What To Avoid Before Your Fillers Treatment
In order to reduce the amount of bruising and/or swelling from the injection sites, please follow the instructions below.
- Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve for 1 week prior. Please consult your physician if you are taking Aspirin for medical reasons!
- Avoid supplements including St. Johns Wort, ginko biloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng, and Vitamin E for 1 week
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin , Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, or any “Anti-Aging” products for 3 days prior
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or hair removal cream on the area to be treated for 3 days prior
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to treatment
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please let Dr. Janowski know if you are prone to cold sores.
- Do not use dermal fillers if you are;pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any ingredients, or suffer from neurological disorders. Please inform us if you have any questions about this prior to your treatment
Recommended Reading: Does Jura Make Regular Coffee
What Not To Eat After Lip Fillers
Whether youre interested in lip filers or have already had lip filler treatment here at our Clapham dental practice, then youve come to the right place! In this post, well provide you with a bit of info about caring for lip fillers and when to recognise a top-up might be needed. Well also cover off a few at-home tips and tricks to care for your pout in the long-term.
You Need To Prepthoughtfully And Physically
And the first time around, I did not. The first step, according to Green, is to decide how big you realistically want your lipsthink long and hard about whether you really want to go from thin-lipped to Lisa Rinna in one fell swoop. It will be obvious. You really, really dont want to be overfilled, and its easier to have too little than too much, Green said. But if you know you want to see a real difference right away, its on you to voice thatespecially since Ive found that most doctors prefer their work to look hypernatural.
Physically, Green suggests refraining from aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, fish oil, multivitamins, and vitamin E for about a week before your appointment, as each can act as a blood thinner and contribute to postinjection bruising.
What To Do Before Lip Fillers And Injections
In order to reduce the amount of bruising and swelling at the injection site, Dr. Weiler makes the following recommendations about how to prepare for fillers:
One Week Prior to Lip Injections
- Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, and Aleve.
- Avoid supplements, including St. Johns Wort, Gingko biloba, primrose oil, garlic, ginseng, and Vitamin E.
2 Days Prior to Injections
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin , Retinol, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, or any anti-aging products.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or using hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- Do start taking Arnica two days prior to the procedure.
24 Hours Prior to Injections
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please let your physician assistant know if you are prone.
- Do not use dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any ingredients, or suffer from neurological disorders. Please inform us if you have any questions about this prior to your treatment. You can learn more about what to expect from lip fillers in this related blog post.
What Is Lip Filling How Can You Get One
Lip filling is a kind of facial plastic surgery. It is also called lip augmentation. The main purpose of lip filling is to have fuller, desirable lips. It is one way to make your partner wants to know How long after lip filler can you kiss. Your new lips will be amazing. You will definitely hear your partner say How long after lip filler can you kiss?
Lip Fillers Before and After 1ml
Before getting to decide to have lip fillers, you should look for certified plastic surgeons. What kind of lip injections techniques they use, what procedure they will follow, and what results patients can expect are questions that must be asked. New York is known as one of the best places for cosmetic surgeries. If you are a first time filler, you should check online to see the final results.
Lip Filler Swelling Stages
I know we have not got to the How long After Lip Fillers Can You Kiss? yet. There is an adjustment period. In the first 2 or 3 days, you may feel itchy on the injection site. Your lips will look as you wish in 2 weeks. You need to be careful about your skin care during the treatment.
How Long After Lip Fillers Can I Wear Lipstick?
Remember-You have your lips filled with hyaluronic acid, dermal fillers, or collagen by a board certified plastic surgeon. So, trust them when they say, you cannot wear lipstick in the first 7 days. After that, you can try a new one.
Read Also: Does Coffee Cause Bladder Problems
Answer: Lip Care After Injections
It is best to use cold compresses after lip augmentation —this is effective for the first 48 hours. We suggest taking oral Arnica supplements to minimize bruising and to avoid anti-inflammatories such as green tea, fish oils , aspirin or Ibuprofen.;; Hot drinks and alcohol should be avoided for the first day after injections.
Do Not Drink Through A Straw
You might be tempted to drink out of a straw after undergoing lip filler injections, but avoid this as much as possible. Using a straw will put pressure on your new lip fillers and may cause some discomfort, since there will be swelling after the lip injections. Sucking on a straw may also be awkward to manage with swollen lips. All in all, its best to drink water without a straw after treatment.;
Recommended Reading: How Much Caffeine In Chocolate Milk
Avoid Alcohol Immediately Before And After Receiving Botox
If you have bruised in the past or are concerned about bruising, its a good idea to avoid alcohol for 24 hours before and after your treatment. Alcohol wont impact the effectiveness of Botox, but it is a vasodilator, meaning it stimulates the relaxation and expansion of blood vessels. This increases blood flow near the surface of your skin and causes small puncture sites to continue to bleed and cause bruising. It also can increase the risk of bruising by inactivating platelets, the cells that stop bleeding.
Within 6 To 10 Hours Of Treatment
- Avoid drinking alcohol or partaking in strenuous exercise, as it may result in additional bruising.
- Until the swelling and redness have resolved, avoid intense heat in the treated area. This includes sunbathing, tanning, saunas, hot tubs, or hot wax. Also avoid extreme cold such as skiing or other winter sports.
- To help alleviate bruising, we recommend the topical application of Arnica – a natural ointment commonly used to reduce bruising. You can find this in the natural foods section of your grocery store, or at local pharmacies. We will also provide you with some in our office.
- Minimize movement of the treated area. However, if there is a visible bump, you can massage the area. Depending on the areas treated and the product used, you may feel “firmness”. These areas will soften and settle with time
- Sunscreen and makeup can be applied, and the area can be gently washed with a gentle cleanser. Dr. Janowski recommends using a sensitive cleanser such as the Sanitas product line or Cetaphil to avoid additional skin irritation.
Additional Dermal Filler Aftercare Recommendations
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Ground Coffee Brand
How Long Do Lip Fillers Last
Most dermal filler treatments last between six to eight months. We recommend additional booster top-up treatments every six months to a year for patients who want to achieve year-round plumpness and structure in their lips. For patients who require subtle results, we recommend replenishments on a yearly basis. But every patient is different, so we tailor these top-ups depending on their unique visual needs.
How Soon Can I Eat After Lip Fillers
There are no limits to what a patient can eat after lip injections. The only thing to keep in mind is that most fillers contain a numbing medication to create a more painless procedure. Patients should wait until the numbing agent has worn off before eating after lip fillers. It is also recommended for the first 24 hours to avoid foods that are hard to eat or chew, or even messy, so patients are less likely to wipe their lips and disturb the injection sites. For optimal results, patients should be gentle with their lips and avoid kissing, touching, or massaging their lips directly after the procedure to allow the injected filler to settle into place.
Recommended Reading: Where To Find Burlap Coffee Bags
Gradual Pace Of Treatment Is An Option
Even though Id told Green what I wanted, she still insisted on saving a little Juvederm from my syringe to add later if I wanted it. Live with what I gave you for two weeks, she told me. Of course, I sprinted back for my leftovers, but if youre feeling nervous or unsure, ask your doctor if you can use what you paid for gradually.
Avoid Spicy Foods And Hot Drinks
When your lips are swollen after filler injections, its best to avoid spicy foods or hot drinks for 24 hours to 48 hours. Spicy and acidic foods may cause stinging or burning sensations, especially while the lips are still in its early healing stages.;
Hot or warm beverages normally dont cause issues, but your lips are still numb after treatment and you might burn yourself. Hot drinks may also worsen the swelling after lip filler treatment, so stick with room-temperature water and a cold pack to stay on the safe side.;
Our other recommendations are to have food that is easy to eat and chew, since you would be less likely to wipe your lips or disturb them. Additionally, its important to avoid food with refined carbohydrates, high-sodium or high-sugar content, because they may increase the risk of bruising and swelling once you get lip fillers.;
Recommended Reading: How Does Pour Over Coffee Work