Finding The Right Piece For Your Space While Complementing Your Other Furniture Is Key
Designer Holly Waterfield of The Brooklyn Home Company used irregularly shaped tree stump coffee tables to bring a natural element indoors.
Each week Mansion Global tackles a topic with an elite group of designers from around the world who work on luxury properties. This week we look at how to choose the perfect coffee table
A coffee table is all-encompassing. Its the kind of furniture that combines form and function, style and service.
While the choices are endless, there are certain logistical considerations beyond the look and feel to keep in mind. Here, tips from the design pros to guide your buying.
Relate it to the Room Itself
Choosing the right coffee table for your space is largely about proportionsdimensions, clearance and balance with other elements in the room. Generally, your coffee table should be about two-thirds the length of your sofa.
Shape should be considered in relation to both function and style. At the most basic level, the best shape is determined by the layout of the room and how much space is required to move around it. Shape also adds a stylistic element to the space. For instance, a heavier, round design like our Soori coffee table can anchor a large space or act as an accent to furniture pieces with more tailored shapes and longer legs, which add visual lightness.
Tables of mixed shapes and materials by Poliform lend interest to a living room.
Consider the Shape
Csfmc Adjustable Leg On Solid Wood Furniture Feettable And Chair Levelers Legs5/16 In Bolt 15 In Base Diameter
- KEEP YOUR FURNITURE FROM ROCKING> > > > > Increase 1/2 to 1.5 inches the adjustment of the leg.Let your furniture never look like a drunk again.
- PROTECT YOUR FLOOR> > > > > High density felt bottom, let your furniture and floor gentle contact, move furniture will not damage the floor, and quiet.
- STRONG FEET SUPPORT > > > > > 5/16 x 1.5 inches High strength bolt.An antirust plating surface.More than 500 pounds of support per leg.
- PACKING SPECIFICATION> > > > > Youll get 4 bolted adjusting legs, 4 t-nuts attached to the furniture. Buy now! You will upgrade one of your furniture.
- EXCELLENT QUALIT ASSURANCE> > > > > When you feel that the product is not your ideal, we unconditional return refund guarantees.Your satisfaction is our pleasure.
Will You Use It As A Centerpiece
The coffee table is often called the centerpiece of the room. But you will notice that the same term is often used for a sofa, a rug, or any other piece of furniture.
If you do decide on the coffee table as a centerpiece, these attributes will make it stand out:
Recommended Reading: Can You Use Keurig Pods In Verismo
Good Suppliers Make Shopping More Assured
The best way to pick a retailer is based on who has what youre looking for, but there are the above factors that might influence which one is best suited for your needs. The quality of your supplies needs to be consistent your customers associate poor quality with you, not your suppliers.
These are just some tips to help you decide what retailer will work best for your needs! Look at their return policy. If there is no mention of a certain time frame or an explanation on how it works, then be wary about buying from them.
Many people dont know that cheaper retailers often sell knock-off or counterfeit coffee table legs with screws products that may not work well and could even break quickly.
There are many other online retailers that offer the same coffee table legs with screws products as well so it really depends on what youre looking for in your purchase. Dont forget to ask about any specials or discounts offered by this retailer.
The 10 Best Coffee Tables In Singapore To Liven Up Your Home
Despite tables technically only fitting the coffee range when they are lower than your couch, their widths and heights more than make up for it! Today, coffee tables can come in every size, shape, style, function, and material.
With so many options and choices readily available, picking the best possible one is going to be challenging. You can find the best coffee table Singapore online on Irregular Lines!
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Flavia Coffee Machine
Four Tips For Choosing The Right Coffee Table
The recent months at home have led many people to reevaluate the comfort and configuration of their furniture.
Whether you want to purchase all new furniture or upgrade the look of your family room, your coffee table may be a good place to start. If youre like most people, your coffee table functions as a serving table, a footrest, a repository for books and magazines, a workstation and your jigsaw-puzzle spot. Choosing the right size, shape and material for your coffee table can make a big difference in how it works and how long it lasts.
We asked two interior designers for tips on how to make this important choice: Robin Rains, owner of Robin Rains Interior Design in Nashville, and Heather Hilliard, owner of Heather Hilliard Design in San Francisco. Here are their four tips via email:
1. Size and placement are key. Its important to get the right size and shape table for your room, so get out your tape measure before searching, Rains wrote.
The height of the table should be generally between 14 to 20 inches tall, she wrote. I prefer the table to be approximately two inches lower than the seat height on your sofa. Keep approximately 16 inches from the edge of the table to the sofa and at least 28 to 30 inches to the TV cabinet or furniture opposite the sofa. A table should be two-thirds the length of your sofa for correct proportion.
Materials Styles And Effects
Choose materials for your coffee table that will compliment your existing furniture and suit your lifestyle. A few popular options are
Glass coffee tables
These work well in any interior and have a sophisticated look. The glass is easy to look after and the finish of the metal frame can be made to match or standout from the furniture in the rest of the room, as is the case with our new Papillon Coffee Table. A clear glass top will also give the feeling of open space and allow for a view of the rug or flooring underneath.
Metal coffee tables
Made of brass, steel or gold-plated metal like our Balzac Coffee Table, metal coffee tables also need to be cared for in order to keep the surface in good condition. A bronze coffee table will patinate beautifully as it is used, improving with age.Every sitting area is used and styled differently, which is why we offer a broad selection of coffee table designs in a variety of shapes, sizes, finishes, and materials.
Whatever shape or material you choose to suit your lifestyle, our coffee tables can be sized to fit your space and if you prefer to stretch out your legs and want a side table instead, we can help you with that, too!
You May Like: Can You Drink Coffee With Diverticulitis
Custom Furniture : Coffee Table Walnut Table Side Table
Furniture is the elements that make up the environment of a house. It is possible to make the entire aura of the interior unique with a single furniture design. Creating an indoor environment that always looks messy with the same furniture also depends on your furniture selection. At this point, sometimes making bold furniture choices can work. However, in order not to be too ambitious, you can choose your custom furniture for coffee table, side table or walnut table.
Pcs 8 Inch Furniture Legs Strawbleag Round Golden Metal Sofa Table Replacement Legs With Mounting Screws Heavy Duty Slant Chair Legs For Cabinet Cupboard Coffee Table Couch
- 1.Premium Material: The metal table legs are made of stable and durable iron, small in size and strong in bearing capacity, not only anti-corrosion and anti-rust, but also good in corrosion resistance. Rubber feet can protect your floor from damage.
- 2.Easy To Install: The simple and creative design kit comes with 21 screws, so there is no need to worry about insufficient screws, four with pre-drilled holes. With this package you can complete it in a few minutes, which is convenient and easy.
- 3.Multi-Purpose Furniture Feet: Furniture feet are suitable for all kinds of furniture, such as sofas, stools, bedside tables, cabinets, drawers, coffee table feet, dressing tables, etc. It is also suitable for your DIY furniture project, enjoy the process and experience the installation results.
- 4.Specifications and Features: The total height of the side is about 21.5cm/8.47inch, and the side length of the upper bottom is about 8cm/3.15inch. Raising the height of the furniture will help prevent moisture and dirt, provide you with more furniture storage space, and it is easy to clean the place under the furniture. Kill two birds with one stone.
- 5.100% Satisfaction After-sale Service: If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please feel free to reach our friendly customer support, we will reply you and offer satisfied solution in 24 hours.
Also Check: Black Rifle Coffee Fair Trade
Agoland 10 Inch Black Hairpin Legs Heavy
- MATERIAL: The Mid-Century Modern Furniture Legs are made of Solid Carbon steel, and it rust resistant powder coat finish and available use both exterior and interior
- PACKAGE INCLUDE: 4 x 10 hairpin legs 4 x Rubber Washers, 20 x Screws
- HEAVY DUTY SOLID STEEL: The solid steel furniture Legs height is 8, the diameter 3/8, the bracket width is 1 3/8, and length is 3 15/16, and it can support up to 300lbs
- EASY TO INSTALL: With pre-drilled holes in the bracket, makes you easier to mounting, 4 rubber washers can protect your floor well and sturdy
- MULTIPLE APPLICATION: apply to coffee tables, night stands, end tables, media console, self-designed desk and bench etc., due to the Rust Resistant Powder Coat Finish also fit for exterior and interior. And we provide 24 x7 online service, you can contact with us if you have any question.
How To Pick Out The Right Coffee Table
16 November, 2018
Picking out a coffee table isnt as straightforward as it seems. The living room is one of the most important rooms in a home because its where we spent the most time.
Its also the room that we show off the most when we have guests over. With that in mind, the living room and its pieces actually reflect who we are.
We normally choose a coffee table after picking out a sofa and the other furniture pieces in our living room. That doesnt mean, however, that we can take choosing it lightly.
Below, you can read 6 things to keep in mind when selecting your coffee table.
You May Like: What Travel Mug Keeps Coffee Hot The Longest
Best Coffee Table Shapes For Sectionals
While all of the same shapes are available to you when you have a sofa with a chaise or a sectional, different shapes and sizes work differently within this context. While were just showing you how these shapes work with a sofa with a chaise, the same principles apply to a sectional with a full L-shape.
How Do I Choose The Right Coffee Table
For some, the choice of what type of coffee table is easy an intuitive design decision. Or, maybe its even been decided for you, if its been inherited from a roommate, partner or family member. For others, any number of variablesfrom unusual living room layouts to oversized furniture to kids or petscan confuse the issue.
You May Like: Caffeine In Snapple Iced Tea
Choosing The Coffee Table Material
Just like shape can lend a certain vibe to the room, so can the material! Do you already have a lot of heavy wood furniture and floors? Perhaps lightening up the space with a metal frame glass top or marble table could do the trick. Or do you have a very light and airy space? Try adding a darker, textured table for more depth.
Remember, the coffee table height should be on average of 18 inches tall, give or take how high or low your sofa is. Place the table about 24-30 inches away from the nearest entry walkway such as between the TV console and your table.
Nana Round Coffee Table / Tray
For those with small and ample space in their homes, a coffee table might not be top priority furniture to have unless they are small and compact. The Nana Round Coffee Table is the ideal table to have if you are looking for a space-efficient piece with an alluring appeal and eye-catching design.
It is a boho-style round tabletop that adds upscale class to your living space. Made of rattan, this table is lightweight and eco-friendly. It is indeed a piece that can upgrade your home interior!
The Zolora Candle Holder would also go well with this coffee table!
Don’t Miss: How Much Caffeine Does Folgers Coffee Have
Finding The Style For Your Coffee Table
It probably wouldnt surprise you if I told you that mixing eclectic styles together is a good thing! And the best part of choosing your table is just that! Have fun adding some flair or conversation to your table.
It may be a rectangle table but has hair pin legs adding some modern feel to an otherwise traditional space. A brass base for a round mushroom table would be perfect in your mid mod room begging for some vintage bling. Even adding rattan wicker table to an otherwise transitional room can transform the vibe to something warmer and charming. The sky is the limit as long as you adhere to some basic rules. And even so, throwing design rules out are great if you feel it looks good, functions well and it gives you joy. After all, this is your haven.
I will definitely be keeping you posted on my finds on and IG as well as here. So stick with me and we will find the purrrrrfect table together my friends!!
Dont Get Too Stuck On A Theme
You definitely want it to work with the other pieces in the room, but dont get too pedantic about the style.
For example, if you have a Hamptons vibe at home, you dont have to Google Hamptons coffee tables and shop for the first thing you see in the list. Its more about the colour working with the rest of the tones in the space.
The same goes for any other interior design style you have going on at home. Dont feel like the coffee table has to be so on-message, or a cookie cutter in its approach.
The image above via The Spruce showcases this perfectly. The table is soft and soothing, which is how I would describe the vibe of the room overall. But the table doesnt feel overly Provincial in its design, its more a subtle nod to the style.
You May Like: Elijah Schaffer Black Rifle Coffee
An Easy Guide To Understanding Coffee Tables Plus 32 Budget Friendly Options Under $300
Coffee tables come in so many shapes and finishes its hard to know what to choose.
Do you have a hard time narrowing down the wide variety of choices?
Here Ill teach you the basics for how to select the perfect shaped coffee table and decide if round, square, or rectangular is right for your room.
Plus do it on a $300 or under budget! Have fun shopping for your new coffee table.
Bonus Round: Consider Multiples
Some spaces will work better with multiple smaller coffee tables. Smaller spaces can benefit from multiple coffee tables because it gives the room more flexibility to adjust the layout for different activities. But other rooms might benefit from multiple coffee tables thanks to the layered, sophisticated effect.
Also Check: Blue Horse Kona Coffee Review
Pick The Right Size Coffee Table
First, I made sure to pick a coffee table that is the right size for the room and sofa. I learned that the coffee table should be approximately 2/3 the length of your sofa. Clearly I had that ALL WRONG with my little blue coffee table pictured above!
This new table works with the length of the sofa so much better!
Plus, I learned that the height of the coffee table should be the same as the couch, or 1-2 inches lower. Bingo! This coffee table is spot on.
When considering the size of the coffee table, the shape is another factor to consider. Because my new coffee table is in a small and narrow living room, the oval shape is absolutely perfect for avoiding bruises on the legs . If your room is large and can accommodate a bulky rectangular coffee table, then go for it! But if you have smaller scale living like me, you may want to consider an oval shape, round, or narrow rectangle coffee table.
Home Soft Things Hairpin Metal Table Legs 30 Inch Legs For Furniture Coffee Bench Dining End Industrial Table Desk Set Of 4 With Screws Adjustable Cushion Black Floor Protectors 30
- BOON Living Hairpin Table Legs are designed specifically for DIYers, makers, and professionals. These hairpin metal legs are heavy duty proofed and will add both stability and mid-century modern style to any and all furniture projects.
- STYLISH FINISHES! These legs are black powder coat finishes. We stock leg sizes for any project for 6,10, 15, 18, 20, and 30. The Serenta Hairpin Table Leg brackets measure 5.6 x 5.6.
- EASY INSTALLATION! Each leg has 4 pre-drilled holes in the mounting plate that allow for easy installation. Screws are included. Tools are NOT included.
- SUITABLE FOR ANY PROJECT! You are able to build any number of designs including cabinets, coffee tables, benches, bedside tables, desk/dining tables, counter tables, nightstands, end tables, kitchen tables, and bar!
- ASSEMBLY REQUIRED These table legs were designed for do-it-yourself installation. You are able to attach the legs to any surface to create the design of your choosing!
Recommended Reading: Does Folgers Decaf Coffee Have Caffeine