Are Nespresso Pixie For You
The Nespresso Pixie is our top pick among all Nespresso models if you want convenient capsulized coffee without any fancy, unnecessary features. Put simply: The machine just works.
It doesn’t have capsule-reordering buttons, WiFi connectivity, and integrated frother, or the ability to brew standard coffees.
What it does have is an awesome design and the ability to brew shot after shot of high-quality espresso from any type of OriginalLine compatible coffee capsule .
If you’re looking for a similarly compact machine with more features and modern functionality, check out the Nespresso Essenza Plus.
If you’re looking for a VertuoLine machine that can brew standard coffees up to 17 oz, similar to a standard coffee machine, check out the Nespresso Evoluo.
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine With Aeroccino By De’longhi
The Nespresso Pixie Espresso machine by De’Longhi offers avant-garde design with elegance and functionality. Equipped with a wide range of advanced features, the Pixie machine is energy efficient with a surprisingly compact design. Streamlined for maximum efficiency, this espresso maker lives up to Nespressos reputation for high-end technology.
The Aeroccino provides a smooth, finely textured hot or cold fresh milk froth for your coffee recipes via an ultra-simple and fast automatic system, in a few seconds, without noise or vibration. The Aeroccino also heats milk for your Caffè Latte or Cappuccino.
- Easy insertion and ejection of nespresso original capsules
- Folding drip tray accommodates tall drink recipe glasses
- Automatic power off for safety and energy savings
- Aeroccino 3 Milk Frother for all of your favorite milk drink recipes
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Glance On The Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine
A small powerhouse of 19-bar pump pressure resting under an ABS plastic shell and aluminum side panels with a smaller footprint is what Nespresso Pixie is all about. This is the smallest espresso machine from Nespresso and is priced just a little above that of Inissia. The panels are available in 6 different colors to suit your preference and also the machine can be bought with or without the milk frother which is a separate entity from the machine. The milk frother gives amazing results and that too automatically. No need to put the steam wand at the required depth and angle as in espresso machines. For an under $200 deal, Pixie with Aerocinno frother is really a deal one should not miss.
Also Check: Used Commercial Cappuccino Machines For Sale
Customer Ratings By Feature
No more recommendations. Try adjusting your filters.
The Nespresso Pixie is a compact coffee maker. Wih a width of only 11 cm, it will fit any kitchen. And any lifestyle. With various colours and 2 finishes, you’re free to mix and match. Like in the factory.
Espressos, Lungos and you
Your one-touch coffee machine, two coffee cup sizes. Whether to pour an exciting Espresso, or a lively Lungo. And with a foldable cup support, you’re the craftsman of your cup size. From petite Espresso cups to larger travel mugs. The choice is yours.
High-pressure pump, heat control
Barista-quality coffee at your fingertips. All thanks to the Nespresso Pixie’s 19-bar pressure pump. Revealing every aroma of your Nespresso coffee pods. With a crema to match. And to keep things moving, the machine heats up in just 25 seconds. The work of a moment.
Nespresso coffee maker with Aeroccino3
The Aeroccino3 provides a smooth, finely textured hot or cold fresh milk froth in an ultra-simple and fast automatic system, in a few seconds, without noise or vibration. The simple operation works with a one-touch button and the anti-stick coating ensures easy cleaning.
|Bundled Aeroccino3 for hot or cold milk froth||Bundled Aeroccino3 for hot or cold milk froth||Bundled Aeroccino3 for hot or cold milk froth|
|Movable drip tray for large cups||Foldable drip tray|
|4.4 x 9.3 x 12.8 in||3.3 x 8 x 12.9 in||4.7 x 9 x 12.6 in|
Who Makes The Nespresso Pixie
Nespresso owns the proprietary technology behind all of their brewers, but they don’t actually manufacture them. Instead, four companies are licensed to make the machine:
- In the United States and Canada, it’s made by both Breville and DeLonghi.
- In the United Kingdom, it’s made by both Krups and Magimix.
Each manufacturer produces an espresso machine that performs exactly the same, though you may notice they look a little different.
You May Like: How To Make Creamy Iced Coffee
How Do You Descale A Nespresso Pixie
To descale a Nespresso Pixie, you must first ensure that there are no coffee capsules inside it and place a large container onto the drip tray . Add 500 ml of water and Nespressos descaling solution to the reservoir, press both buttons for 3 seconds and then press the lungo button to start the cycle. Once the flow has finished, refill the reservoir with the used solution and repeat the cycle. Empty and rinse the water tank, fill it with fresh water and run another cycle. At the end, dont forget to press the two buttons at the same time to stop the descaling mode.
How To Use The Nespresso Pixie
The Nespresso Pixie machine is extremely simple to use with a simple brewing process:
Nespresso Pixie With Aeroccino By Breville
- Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
- BARISTA GRADE: Nespresso Pixie by Breville offers an impeccable single serve coffee or espresso cup every time thanks to its automatic operation and patented extraction system which delivers up to 19 bars of pressure
- FAST: Eliminate the wait time with how fast the water reaches the ideal temperature in less 25 seconds in a single touch. This automatic coffee machine gets your perfect cup of coffee or espresso to you fast
- VERSATILE COFFEE MACHINE: Brew two different cup sizes Espresso and Lungo at the touch of a button. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Adjustable cup size with two programmable espresso and lungo buttons. The folding drip tray accommodates larger single serve cup sizes and recipes. Smart energy saving mode automatically switches off our coffee maker after 9 minutes
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules
- COFFEE FOR EVERY TASTE: Bold or mild hot or iced, there’s a blend for you explore all 30+ permanent capsules and indulge in special seasonal and Limited Edition coffees available exclusively through Nespresso
What Pods Does The Nespresso Pixie Use
The Nespresso Pixie is an OriginalLine espresso machine and uses OriginalLine Nespresso capsules. Though Nespresso sells their own branded coffee capsules, you can also find compatible third-party coffee capsules for OriginalLine espresso makers from brands like HiLine Coffee, Gourmesso, and more.
VertuoLine coffee machines, like the Nespresso Vertuo Next and Nespresso Evoluo, use different capsules that have DRM barcode scanning technology. You can’t use VertuoLine capsules in the Nespresso Pixie.
Our complete comparison of Nespresso OriginalLine vs VertuoLine covers all of the similarities and differences.
Our complete guide on Where To Buy Nespresso Pods will help you score the best deals.
You May Like: How To Make French Press Coffee Starbucks
Custom Brewing Features 4/5
Considering that its only built to give you espresso , the Nespresso Pixie Electric Titan offers very satisfying customization options. First of all, the simple interface allows you to choose between an espresso or a lungo, which is basically a double shot .
Even though you cant tweak the temperature and pressure , you can regulate the amount of water used per shot, affecting the strength and size of your coffee .
A really short shot is going to give you a lot of body and intensity. However, with more water youll tend to get more clarity of flavour.
As for coffee capsules, although Nespresso advises against using any other brands, you can actually find quite a few that fit this Pixie espresso machine, so you definitely wont get bored when it comes to flavors and blends.
You can also opt for reusable coffee capsules: not only youll get more choice of coffee and enhanced flavors by using fresh grounds, but you also wont have to worry about the pollution problems of single-use capsules. Even though theyre recyclable , they cant be recycled through conventional methods and the company wont disclose how many Nespresso capsules are actually given a second chance at life . Reusable is always a better option!
About The Aeroccino Milk Frother
Nespresso has recently updated their milk frother with the new variant which looks quite well now. We suggest you purchase the Nespresso Pixie with Aeroccino 3, which is the latest frother by the brand. The frother has just a single button doing all the operations. Give 1-second button pressure for hot milk froth and 2-second pressure for cold milk froth.
Recommended Reading: Can You Use Any Coffee For Cold Brew
Does The Nespresso Pixie Make Quality Espresso
There are two answers to this question:
- Simple answer: Yes, the espresso quality is quite high.
- Technical answer: Not exactly, because the machine doesn’t make true espresso.
Let me explain.
The espresso produced by the Nespresso Pixie are rich and evenly extracted with a signature crema. In my opinion, the Pixie makes a better shot of espresso than any of Nespresso’s VertuoLine machines, and it’s certainly better than the espresso produced by the Keurig K-Cafe or any other pod-based coffee maker.
The Pixie won’t deliver the same espresso quality as a high-end coffee shop using freshly ground coffee and a professional machine, but it does better than you’d expect from an affordable espresso maker that emphasizes convenience.
True espresso snobs will tell you that any pod-based espresso maker doesn’t make a true shot of espresso, which requires the following three criteria to be met:
- 200ÂºF water temperature
- 9 bars of pressure during extraction
- 25-30 seconds of extraction time
Technically, the Nespresso Pixie fails on all of those fronts:
- Water is heated to just 185ÂºF instead of 200ÂºF.
- The Pixie’s 19 bar pressure pump applies pressure inconsistently and doesn’t maintain pressures about 9 bars.
- Extraction times are less than 25-30 seconds because Nespresso capsules have less ground coffee than a barista would dose into a portafilter.
Our full guideâWhat Is Espresso?âhas more information on official espresso terminology and definitions.
Is The Nespresso Inissia Discontinued
Yes, the Nespresso Inissia is discontinued. While its no longer available to buy through Nespresso, it can still be bought through other sellers.
Scott FisherJUMP TO:
Read Also: Can No Caffeine Cause Migraines
How Quiet Is The Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine
The Nespresso Pixie is reasonably quiet for a pod coffee maker. It’s quieter than a Keurig coffee maker and larger Nespresso espresso makers, but you can still hear its motor running from the other room while it pulls a shot of espresso. If you want the quietest Nespresso machine, check out the Nespresso Essenza Mini.
What Other Features Should I Know About The Nespresso Pixie
Good question. There are several other features that every Nespresso Pixie review should mention:
- Automatic shutoff: Program the machine to power off after 9-30 minutes of inactivity. Out of the box, the unit is set to power off after nine minutes.
- Removable water tank: The machine’s 24 oz water tank is positioned in the rear and can be removed for easy refilling. Consider where you’ll place the machine and make sure you have enough overhead space to reach behind the unit and remove the water tank.
- Recyclable pods: Pods sold by Nespresso can be recycled through Nespresso’s recycling programâcoffee grounds and all. You may be able to recycle pods from other roasters, but you’ll have to check with each roaster.
Recommended Reading: What Happened To Seattle’s Best Coffee
Top Reasons Not To Buy The Nespresso Pixie
1. Capsule availability
Capsules are not widely available. This is the primary reason my wife and I prefer the Tassimo T55. Yes, you can order capsules online, but if you run out, youre out of luck. You cant just run to the grocery store for more.
2. Capsule cost
My view is the cost of a coffee machine is much less important than the cost of coffee. Nespresso capsules are far more expensive than K-Cups and Tasssimo Discs. While still under $1.00 per capsule, the cost adds up.
Make Your Life Easier Features 5/5
Like the popular Essenza Mini, the Nespresso Pixie espresso maker is handy and extremely easy to use, thanks to its intuitive design and a few practical features.
Thanks to the efficient thermoblock technology, it only requires 25 seconds to brew an espresso.
The handle on top makes it very easy to operate and, after youve used the coffee capsule, it will be dropped and stored in a tray that can contain up to 10 before needing to empty it.
You can also use cups and mugs of different sizes thanks to the drip tray which can be either folded or removed. This, combined with the removable water tank and used-capsule storage, makes the cleaning process incredibly easy.
Recommended Reading: Is Black Coffee Good For Diet
Can I Brew A Regular Cup Of Coffee With The Nespresso Pixie
No, the Nespresso Pixie espresso machine doesn’t let you brew a full-sized cup of coffee like Keurig coffee makers. However, you can brew an Americano, which has around 5 oz of volume and is similar to a small cup of coffee.
If you really want the ability to brew both coffee and espresso, check out the Nespresso Vertuo Next or another other Nespresso VertuoLine machine. They’re a hybrid Nespresso coffee machine and function as both espresso and coffee makers with the ability to brew both espresso shots and full cups of coffee up to 17 oz.
Setup Of Nespresso Pixie
The box comes safely packed with an instruction booklet, 16 pieces Nespresso Pod variety pack, an information folder, and a milk frother . If you are cost-savvy, then try the other brands compatible capsules too that saves almost 30-40% from the originals.
Also Read: Our Guide on Best Nespresso Pods
The setup is simply very easy and doesnt require any specialized procedures. The instruction booklet will guide you with the easy setup to prepare your first cup of coffee in a couple of minutes. Our advice is just to wash the water tank before use and clean the coffee spout with a damp cloth.
You might like: Where to Buy Nespresso Capsules
Don’t Miss: What Is The Decaf Coffee
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Machine With Aerocinno Milk Frother By Delonghi
This product is not eligible for coupons. However, you are able to earn and redeem Kohls Cash® and Kohl’s Rewards® on this product.
The Nespresso Pixie Espresso machine by DeLonghi offers avant-garde design with elegance and functionality. Equipped with a wide range of advanced features, the Pixie machine is energy efficient with a surprisingly compact design.
- 19 bar high-performance pump and automatic piercing and brewing of capsules with unique drop stop technology. Fast heating time of only 25 seconds
- One-touch controls with two programmable buttons: Espresso and Lungo
- Power save mode automatically switches machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Elegant profile perfect for urbanites with limited kitchen counter space
- Side panels made of 99.8% recycled aluminium Nespresso capsules
- 14 Nespresso capsules containing individual aromas
- Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother
Why Choose The Nespresso Pixie Over Other Pod Espresso Machines
Let’s round out our Nespresso Pixie review by asking the most important question: Why choose the Nespresso Pixie espresso maker instead of the other 20+ Nespresso machines available?
- It a Nespresso OriginalLine unit, which we think is superior to their VertuoLine models. OriginalLine machines use either Nespresso capsules or pods from other roasters, OriginalLine units have a 19 bar pressure pump that achieves better extraction than VertuoLine coffee makers, which don’t have a pump, and OriginalLine machines make a hotter cup of espresso.
- A small, compact unit with a 24 oz water tank volume.
- Uses thermoblock technology for rapid heating and is ready to go in under 30 seconds.
- Easy to use custom volume feature for a dialed-in espresso shot.
- Aluminum exterior is more stylish and durable than the plastic exteriors on most Nespresso machines.
- Overall, the machine offers fantastic bang-for-your-buck, which is why the Nespresso Pixie espresso machine has remained an in-production unit many years after it was first released.
Check out our Nespresso Machine Comparison to see specs for each capsule-based espresso maker.
Also Check: Can You Have Coffee On Keto