Best Single Serve Coffee Maker 202: When One Cup Is Enough
Ah, sweet elixir of life…
The average American drinks up to three cups of coffee a day, but that doesn’t mean you want all of your servings up front. When all you need is a single cup of joe, you’ll want one of these single serve coffee makers to do the job.
Here are our picks for the best single serve coffee makers in 2022:
At a glance
The AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker accommodates both American- and espresso-style coffees — without any of the bitterness or acidity that can come with other machines. The microfilters are efficient in removing grit from your brew, and its signature rapid, total immersion brewing process takes just two minutes. When you don’t have a ton of time to spare, this machine is a perfect solution.
Each press makes up to three cups, so it’s a great fit for both single and two-person households. Made of phthalate- and BPA-free materials, this coffee maker is designed for home use with clean-up that is fast and efficient, lasting just a few seconds. And everything you need comes in a convenient tote bag.
In the box
AeroPress, funnel, scoop, stirrer, 350 microfilters, filter holder, zippered nylon tote bag
At a glance
The Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker can brew 14 fluid ounces in less than 2.5 minutes. When you brew an 8-ounce cup, the brew time is cut down to just 90 seconds.
In the box
At a glance
In the box
Gloridea K Cup Coffee Maker For K
Whether you prefer the premium taste of a flavored K-cup or regular ground coffee beans, this 2 in 1 coffee maker k-cup by Gloridea will do just the trick. While being slim and compact, it does not compromise on its features one bit.
Easy maintenance is a crucial factor for people with busy schedules. You will achieve some great brewing speeds with this coffee maker as well as ease in operating it. Featuring a built-in auto cleaning and shut-off function, you only have to worry about pressing the buttons and taking your coffee. The machine does almost everything else on its own.
Most 2 in 1 coffee makers in the market are large in size due to a high capacity carafe side. Although this unit does not have a large capacity carafe brewing option, it makes up for it with its single-serve brewing speed. By the time youre done programming your coffee maker, youll have a fresh cup ready for you. The compact design makes it ideal for RVs, hotels, or kitchens with space at a premium.
Gloridea has taken into account your hard-earned money and built into this unit a coffee strength adjustment function. This allows you to control how much water you put in, as a result, saving on expensive coffee grounds. You can choose from 6, 8, 10, and 14 oz settings, depending on the mood youre in.
Most Versatile: Hamilton Beach Flexbrew 2
| Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker
While Keurig offers convenience, Hamilton Beach offers quality.
It has two sides:
- A single server Works with both ground coffee and coffee pods
- A pot server Has a 12-cup glass carafe
This may make it sound bulky, but its compact and wont take up too much of your kitchen counter space.
Both of these sides have separate water reservoirs, but herein lies the problem youll have to refill the single server reservoir every time its used.
On the other hand, the pot side doesnt have this inconvenience. You can set it up to automatically brew a pot of coffee.
Hamilton Beach has Easy-Touch programming, which means your coffee will be ready when you wake up. After brewing, your coffee will stay warm for 2 hours before the brewer shuts off.
What We Like
What We Dont Like
- Having to refill the reservoir after each use
- The lid doesnt open all the way
For Coffee and Espresso: Breville-Nespresso Vertuo
Calling all coffee fanatics heres a fantastic coffee and espresso machine.
What makes this stand out among the other pod machines? The technology called centrifusion.
You insert a capsule, which rotates 7000 times a minute, and it blends ground coffee with water to make the perfect crema. Once its done, the capsule will pop out on its own.
Whats more, the Vertuos advanced technology can automatically recognize the blend youve picked. What does this mean for you?
Other features include:
- Heats up in 3 seconds
What We Dont Like
Don’t Miss: Flavia How To Use
Best K Cup/single Serve Coffee Maker Consumer Reports
The Drinks Maker is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you are searching for the best k-cup coffee maker consumer reports, then you have come to the right place. There is plenty of single cup coffee maker in the market comes with the different feature from different manufacturers.
Here, you will find detailed reviews, pros, and cons of the best single-serve coffee maker that can brew a delicious cup of coffee quickly and smoothly without any mess.
The Best Keurig Coffee Makers To Buy On Amazon Right Now
Recommendations are independently chosen by Revieweds editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
When it comes to single-serve pod coffee makers, Keurig dominates the market. And for a good reason: It has innovated the entire home-brewing experience and made it fast and easy for most people. With a pod coffee brewer, you no longer need to wait for the water to boil or grind the beans yourself. Simply pop in a K-cup, close the lid, click the button and you’re well on your way to a quality cup.
Youre on your way to becoming a kitchen master. Take the next step and sign up for Chef’s Course. Youll get weekly tips, tricks, and recipes from top chefs sent straight to your inbox. Its a whole master course for free.
Almost two decades after its initial launch, Keurig machines are still among the best pod coffee makers you can buy. Here are some of our favorite Keurig brewers that our experts swear by.
Don’t Miss: Best Black Rifle Coffee For Cold Brew
Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker
AICOK Single Serve Coffee Maker is an interesting and easy to use machine. This machine focuses on being compact and occupying as little space as possible. It succeeds at that and has a rather slim profile, even at the top where the K cup is placed. Possibly to accommodate this situation, the machine includes a lock at the top to keep the K cup in place.
It takes anywhere between 2-3 minutes for the coffee maker to deliver your cuppa. The single-serve water reservoir has a maximum volume of 12 oz. Again, your brew size selection is basically the water you add to the reservoir.
Its a compact machine that does its job, and I like it for that. The lock at the top is a bit of an eyesore, but not a dealbreaker. The problem here is that its height isnt enough to allow most travel mugs to be placed.
Best Programmable Coffee Pot With K Cup Combo
Brim Trio Multibrew System
Programmable Performance This is another model that provides you with a fully programmable performance. This means that you will be able to adjust all its brewing parameters according to your likings. As a result, you will be able to enjoy a completely personalized brew.
Freshness Timer Another convenient feature of this coffee pot with the k cup combo is its freshness timer. It is specially designed to keep track of the time that has passed since the last brew you made. You will always be able to tell just how fresh your brew is.
Customizable Shut-Off Note that this programmable coffee maker provides you with a fully customizable shut-off program. Thanks to this feature you wont have to wonder whether you turned the brewer off when you left home or not.
Included Accessories Included with this coffee maker with auto shut-off comes a set of additional accessories that will enhance the performance of the brewer. The set includes a reusable gold-tone coffee filter, a measuring scoop, and both k cup and ground coffee adapters.
Read Also: Sonic Coffee Drinks
Chefman Froth + Brew Coffee Maker And Milk Frother Single Serve Brewer For K
- BRING OUT YOUR INNER BARISTA: Turn K-Cups or coffee grounds into cappuccino & latte style drinks right in your kitchen. Froths directly in the included 20 oz. glass mug the magnetic frothing mechanism creates consistent, foamy froth.
- QUICK FROTH + BREW TIMES: This powerful 976-Watt coffee maker quickly brews your favorite K-Cups or coffee grounds, reusable coffee ground filter included. Four functions include Brew Coffee, Hot Froth, Hot Froth + Brew, and Cold Froth.
- HOT OR COLD FROTHING OPTIONS: This coffee maker can also be used as a standalone milk frother you can froth any type of milk such as almond, oat, soy, or even your favorite creamer. Top iced coffee, espresso, matcha, hot cocoa, or any other beverage with hot or cold froth and enjoy!
- COMPACT DESIGN, EASY CLEAN: Narrow profile fits and stores anywhere, can even be used to brew coffee on vacations, trips, in dorms, or any size kitchen. Reusable filter and K-Cup holder are dishwasher safe, and easy twist off mug makes for easy cleaning. To remove and prevent mineral build-up, use the self-cleaning feature.
- RJ14-SFB Assurances: CETL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year assurance provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free! Power Source: 120 Volts
How To Select The Best K
Buying the best of any type of appliance/ device is always a tedious task. It can even be confusing for some of you, given the number of options present in the market. For starters, you can check out the list we have mentioned above. You will find various models in every price range and sorted according to the type of machine. This guide will save a lot of time in research as we have done it for you. Not to mention, we have considered the renowned and upcoming brands which are popular, and most importantly, you can buy it online! If you want to do your research, you should always look for the following features:
- It should offer adjustable brew sizes.
- The model which you intend to buy should support both 1.0 and 2.0 k cups.
- The removable water tank is a must for easier maintenance.
- It should be straightforward to use, especially for starters.
- The ideal model should offer support for variable mug sizes.
You can check out our extensive guide on various types of espresso machines here.
Don’t Miss: Is Caffeine Free Coffee Really Caffeine Free
How Does A Keurig Coffee Maker Work
Keurig coffee makers use K-Cups, small sealed pods containing ground coffee. After inserting the pod into a compartment in the coffee maker, you then select the size drink you want. The machine then pierces holes in either end of the pod and forces water through the ground coffee in the pod and down into your mug. Once the water is hot, the brewing process takes just a little over a minute.
The Reigning Champion: Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
| Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
With a Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker, theres no need to limit yourself. With the push of a button, you can get a regular coffee or cold drinks.With this coffee brewer, itll feel like having your own personal Starbucks.
It comes in four brew sizes, and you can go for a brew that’s:
With this maker, the sky’s the limit. You can choose your cup size with a dial, create special brews, and froth the milk for a latte or a cappuccino.
Note: This coffee maker doesn’t need pods, but uses ground coffee. If you need ground coffee, Nomad Coffee Club has got all your needs covered with our monthly coffee subscription service, you’ll never run out.
With all of these features, there are still some points to mention. In all honesty, no brewer is perfect.
Ninja’s downside is that dripping happens frequently, and the filter while reusable makes it messier to use compared to other coffee makers.
What We Like
- You can choose between a glass or a thermal carafe
- Super simple interface
- A sleek finish will complement any kitchen decor
What We Don’t Like
- Tends to drip after brewing
Also Check: Is 91 Mg Of Caffeine A Lot
Best Coffee Makers Of 2021
Consumer Reports experts round up the top drip and pod brewers from Cuisinart, Nespresso, Technivorm, and more
When you shop through retailer links on our site, we may earn affiliate commissions. 100% of the fees we collect are used to support our nonprofit mission.Learn more.
For many people, theres no better way to start the day than with a great cup of coffee. But todays coffee makers do far more than brew a pot of joe. Some grind beans, others froth milk for lattes and macchiatos, and a few even brew iced coffee.
We tested nearly 150 coffee makers to see which are worthy of space on your kitchen counter.
We take java seriously in our coffee maker lab, where our test team conducts a brew-performance test and measures contact time for each drip coffee maker. For single-serve machines, our engineers evaluate temperature and size consistency of individual cups of coffee. And for cold-brew coffee makers, engineers assess ease of cleaning and taste testers judge each brew.
Below are reviews of 12 of the best coffee makers weve evaluated that are currently on the market, listed in alphabetical order. The list has a number of configurations: drip, pod, grind-and-brew, self-serve, one-mug, dual coffee/espresso, and cold-brew. CR members can click on each model name for more detailed ratings and specs.
Keurig K2500 Plumbed Single Serve Commercial Coffee Maker
If youre looking for a Keurig that is suitable for an office or doctors office, or you simply hate refilling a water reservoir, then the K2500 Plumbed Single Serve Commercial Coffee Maker is for you. This machine offers a high-resolution color touchscreen with customizable features like the high altitude setting, 5 cup sizes, auto on/off, and programmable sleep mode. It also meets NSF-4 and ANSI cleaning and hygiene standards.
Read Also: Will Verismo Pods Work In Nespresso
Benefits Of Using A K
We know that some people underestimate the value of a K-cup coffee maker. If youre still on the fence about using a K-cup coffee maker, here are some benefits that might convince you to try it:
- Neat and Tidy: The machine doesnt create any mess. You simply load the K-cups and let the machine brew it for you. Some brewer models also offer multiple color options to match your decor.
- Quick Brew: These machines can produce coffee between 1 to 3 minutes. The best models brew ground coffee under a minute, which is very helpful if youre in a hurry.
- Energy Saver: Most of these coffee makers have automatic shut-off function to turn off the unit after brewing.
- Variety of K-Cup Pods Available: There are more than 400 varieties from 75 brands to choose from. You can choose bold, decaf, or flavored to suit your mood.
- Easy to Use: The buttons on these machines take out the guesswork of using them. Select your desired cup size and push a button to start the brewing process.
What Is A K
K-Cup reusable filter is actually a plastic filter/cup that is specially designed to hold ground coffee. This filter is used with Keurig K-Cup machines and offers you the chance of brewing your own ground beans instead of their pre-packaged cups.
Usually, this reusable filter is sold separately, although it is often included with special editions or deals.
Recommended Reading: Sonic Iced Coffee
Black+decker Single Serve Coffeemaker
Simple, affordable and compact, this no-fuss machine can brew both grounds and pods into the included 16-ounce thermal mug at the ideal temperature. One reviewer raves: Because this machine does not have any fancy operations like brew strengths etc, I bought a pricier, fancier coffee maker for my home. After having coffee from both, I wish I had bought two of these instead. The coffee from this little maker is so bold and rich, I end up having to use grounds to make a delicious cup of coffee to start my day.
Best Overall: Keurig K
The Keurig K-Café Single-Serve Coffee Maker is the best single-serve K-Cup coffee maker on the market today.
This machines design is sleek and stylish. It comes in three colors, black, green, and white, so it will blend in with any kitchen decor. With a large reservoir and multiple brewing options, its like having your own home cafe.
Recommended Reading: Coffee Increase Blood Sugar
Best K Cup Coffee Makers Reviews In 2022
- Brews multiple k cup pod sizes: the most popular k cup pod brew sizes use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 plus cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer this process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time
- Auto off: An auto off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy. Removable Drip Tray
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great tasting cup in under a minute
- Brews coffee, tea, hot cocoa, specialty and iced beverages
- Any size from 6oz – 12 ounce
- Removable reservoir
- Cord storage for a better fit on counter
- Keurig’s smallest brewer, portable design goes anywhere