How To Make Keto Tea
Its super easy to make keto tea! Simply steep the tea in hot water, then blend with butter and MCT oil.
In my experience, a half tablespoon each of butter and MCT oil is plenty. But, you can use a whole tablespoon of each if you prefer.
How do you blend it? There are two ways:
- Use a blender The way to go for the creamiest, frothiest result.
- Use a milk frother The quick, easy, minimal cleanup method!
Whatever you do, dont just stir it. Youll end up with an oily mess.
Can You Make Keto Collagen Coffee Creamer
Yes, you can also make keto diet approved coffee creamer with collagen.
TIP: To add collagen directly to the creamer, add it while the creamer is warm. It dissolves easiest this way.
The amount to add is up to you. Id recommend starting with 3-4 scoops for the batch of keto creamer.
- Pure Collagen Peptides Simply grass-fed collagen. Nothing added.
Its also fine to add the collagen directly to your coffee.
Why Add Fat To Your Coffee
Sometimes as part of the Keto diet, you dont want to eat breakfast, but maybe you need something on your stomach so you dont get hangry.
This is where Bulletproof or Keto coffee comes in. By adding fat to your coffee, you add substance, thus feeding your body for the workout its about to have, or the day thats about to start.
But not just any fats, we want the healthy fats such as:
- grass-fed butter
- MCT oil or MCT oil powder
- brain octane oil
The combination of fat and the caffeine in coffee is like a one-two punch to wake you up.
And we havent even gotten to the protein coffee yet.
Recommended Reading: How Much Caffeine Does Folgers Coffee Have
Can I Just Drink Regular Coffee On Keto
If you dont like the way bulletproof coffee tastes its ok, you still can enjoy drinking a regular cup of coffee while still remaining on keto.
Some of you may just be a black coffee drinker , while others may like theirs on the sweeter and lighter side.
If thats the case then go ahead and try our recipe for keto coffee creamer. We have about 9 different flavor combinations so whatever your favorite flavor is, you will love it.
Promotes Weight Loss & Fat Burning
You can increase the possibility of dropping weight and shedding fat when adding an ingredient like MCT oil or coconut oil . MCTs are highly efficient energy sources, which have been shown to induce ketosis, suppress the appetite, and aid in weight loss.
Recommended Reading: Can You Drink Iced Coffee After Wisdom Teeth Removal
Common Keto Coffee Mistakes For Weight Loss
Have you tried making delicious keto coffee recipes and found its hindering your weight loss? Grass fed butter or ghee can make great additions to up the healthy fats in your diet, but should still be managed to ensure weight loss. Some of the biggest mistakes we see when people make their keto coffee recipe is:
- Not Watching Calories The most common mistake we see when people start making keto coffee recipes is not keeping their calories in check.
- Adding too Much Dairy While we all know heavy cream and butter is delicious, it may not always be the best thing to consume in large amounts. If you find yourself using more than a few tablespoons in your cup of keto coffee it might be time to switch up your routine. Dairy can be high in calories, as well as cause inflammation which hinders weight loss.
- Its Too Delicious Yes, sadly being too delicious is a danger to weight loss. If something is super tasty you are more likely to overeat/ drink a certain food or beverage. To manage net carbs and overall calories you probably shouldnt be drinking 6-7 tablespoons of coffee with butter or ghee everyday. While grass fed butter or ghee is rich in healthy fats, they do still contain quite a few calories.
These are a few things to look out for when you decide to start dabbling in keto coffee recipes. The big takeaway is that healthy fats are low carb and extremely good on a keto diet, but should still be managed for overall caloric needs to ensure weight loss.
Adaptogens Herbs And Supplements For Bulletproof Coffee
- Collagen peptides I almost ALWAYS include a big scoop of these. I find its an important supplement in my daily routine to help support nail strength, a healthy gut, healthy hair, skin, and joints. I definitely notice a difference in the health of my nails, skin and digestion whenever I fall off the collagen train. While not a complete protein , it does boast a nice array of amino acids that make up the building blocks of our bodies.
- Maca powder Also known as peruvian ginseng, this herbal supplement has been gaining a lot of popularity lately. Well known for its ability to help with certain hormonal imbalances and energy levels.
- Ashwagandha powder Also known as Indian Ginseng, this well researched herbal supplement has been documented in its ability to improve a stress resistance, anxiety and boost low libido.
- Medicinal mushrooms This is a broad category of supplements, and includes everything from Chaga to Reishi, and Lions Mane. Each one has different beneficial properties from boosting immunity to increasing focus and physical performance if you want to learn more about the many options the Four Sigmatic Blog has a TON of educational resources available.
- Turmeric A bright yellow anti-oxidant rich Indian spice that is well known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Works best when paired with just a tiny bit of black pepper.
Read Also: Homemade Kahlua With Everclear
High In Saturated Fat
Bulletproof coffee is very high in saturated fat.
While the health effects of saturated fats are controversial, many health professionals believe that high intake is a major risk factor for several diseases and should be avoided .
Although some studies associate a high intake of saturated fat with an increased risk of heart disease, others find no significant links .
Nevertheless, most official dietary guidelines and health authorities advise people to limit their intake.
While saturated fat can be part of a healthy diet when consumed in reasonable amounts, it may be harmful in massive doses.
If you are worried about saturated fat or high cholesterol levels, consider limiting your intake of Bulletproof coffee or avoiding it altogether.
SUMMARY Bulletproof coffee is high in saturated fat. Although its health effects are highly controversial and not firmly established, official guidelines still recommend limiting saturated fat intake.
How To Make The Perfect Cup Of Keto Coffee
Now for the fun part making the coffee! The start to keto coffee is just like making your regular cup of coffee in the morning, but then it has a few changes. Since you are adding butter and coconut oil , you need to blend it up so that everything is smooth. Here are some basic instructions for making your cup of keto coffee:
Brew Your Coffee
With Bulletproof coffee, there are only certain types of coffee beans allowed, but there are no rules with keto coffee. Just double check the nutritional content if your coffee is flavored, since some of those have a little sugar or carbs. You can either use a Keurig machine or regular coffee maker there are no strict rules here!
Choose a Method of Blending
Since you need to blend up the ingredients, you should then decide which method you want to go with. You can use your full-size blender if you want, though it is rather large for just a small amount of ingredients. Many people choose to use a small-size blender, like a Ninja blender, since it is the perfect size for one cup of coffee and the added ingredients.
If you want to blend it right in the cup, you can do that with an immersion blender or even an electric whisk. This keeps you from dirtying a blender every morning and makes everything go much faster.
Add the Ingredients
While your coffee is brewing, it is a good idea to start adding your other ingredients to the blender. The amounts you use are up to you, but starting with this list is a good option:
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
Don’t Miss: How Much Grounds For 12 Cups Of Coffee
How To Serve Keto Chaffles
The way you serve chaffles partly depends on the flavor! Here are some ideas:
- Make a chaffle sandwich using the basic chaffle recipe. I did turkey, mayo, lettuce, and tomato, shown below. They are also delicious to have as a breakfast sandwich with oven baked bacon, egg and cheese. Or use them as a bun for a juicy burger. If you want your sandwich to be reminiscent of a bagel and dont want the effort of making keto bagels, add some everything bagel seasoning to the basic chaffle batter instead.
- Drizzle on some syrup or jam. Syrup or sugar-free chia jam are both delicious on sweet chaffles!
- Add melted cheese and toppings. For savory chaffles, like garlic Parmesan or jalapeno popper, I like to melt some extra cheese on top and sprinkle with garnishes.
- Cut cinnamon churro waffles into sticks and serve in a little basket like this.
Why You Should Try Keto Coffee
Now that you have a better understanding of what keto coffee is, it is time to talk about the benefits! In the beginning, it can sound gross adding butter and oil to your coffee. To some, the high amount of fat seems like too much, but not to anyone who is on the keto diet and understands the importance of adding in more fat whenever possible. However, when you have just one taste of it and discover all the benefits, you will be addicted!
An Easy Way to Add in Fat
First of all, keto coffee is an excellent way to add more fat to your diet. If you have been on the keto diet for a while, you know that one of the main rules is that not only do you eat fewer carbs, but you increase the fat. This is mainly what makes it different from a traditional low-carb diet. This means you try to add in more red meat like bacon, and fats like avocado, oil, and butter.
With a single cup of keto coffee, you are adding in approximately 24 grams of fat with the oil and butter alone , plus extra if you decide to add anything to it. The goal is to try to have at least 70-75% of your daily calories in fat, so this definitely gets you a lot closer.
You Will Have More Energy
An amazing benefit to drinking keto coffee in the morning is that you have more energy for the rest of the day. A lot of people struggle to wake up in the morning and make it through until lunchtime without wanting carbs and sugar for that little jolt. With keto, you dont have that option, so you need another alternative.
Recommended Reading: Thrive Patch Instructions
What Goes Into Keto Coffee
When you have your morning cup of coffee, and arent a huge fan of black coffee, you usually add milk, cream and/or sugar. None of those work for keto.
Sugar is nothing more than soluble carbohydrates, and is strictly forbidden on a ketogenic diet. Milk is carb-heavy, as are most commercially-sold coffee creamers, so theyre not options.
Cream is fine for those on keto, as long as its heavy cream and used in moderation because of its calories. However, its not the ideal keto additive alone, because cream still contains carbs and they can add up quickly if youre not careful. Dairy-free milks like coconut milk and almond milk are acceptable, but wont contribute as much fat as you get in keto coffee.
That brings us to the oil, butter and ghee we mentioned at the start of this section. Any of those will soften the bitterness of regular coffee, just as milk, cream and sugar would. But they superpower a dieters fat consumption at the same time.
Not just any oil will do. Keto coffee is made with something called MCT oil, which stands for medium-chain triglycerides. Without diving too deep into the science, the structure of MCT oils allows them to be absorbed without going through the digestive process, making them an immediate energy source. Additionally, MCT oil can be converted into ketones in the liver.
So we have black coffee, ghee, grass-fed butter and MCT coconut oil. Lets make some keto coffee.
Caffeine For Focus And Mental Clarity
Caffeine provides a variety of mental and physical benefits, including:
- Increased energy
- Better focus and short-term memory
- Improved mood
- Better physical performance
Coffee also contains essential B vitamins and phytonutrients, which further support energy production and protect your cells from stress.Finally, caffeine from coffee may increase your metabolic rate, so you burn more calories at rest and lose weight more easily.
Don’t Miss: 7 Eleven Coffee Caffeine Content
What Is Ketogenic Coffee
Ketogenic coffee is a type of coffee drink specifically geared towards people following the Ketogenic Diet . The low carb diet focuses on high-fat, low-carb, with moderate amounts of protein.
This encourages the body to burn fat instead of carbohydrates. So if youre on a ketogenic diet, you need to get most of your calories from healthy fats in order to give your body energy.
Keto Coffee fulfills this need perfectly! It includes either butter or ghee, as well as MCT Oil. These added ingredients turn regular coffee into the perfect way to start your day. Youve got your delicious morning coffee AND its filled with healthy fats.
What Is Bulletproof Tea
You may have heard of Bulletproof coffee. The name is actually a brand, Bulletproof, but its so popular that it has been associated with the delicious coffee product they created. Its a blend of coffee, butter, and either coconut oil or MCT oil.
But what if youre not a coffee drinker? Thats where bulletproof tea comes in!
Its a blend of tea, butter, and coconut oil or MCT oil. That may sound strange, but it comes out just like a keto tea latte!
Recommended Reading: Grinds Coffee Pouches Review
Keto Coffee Recipe Or Butter Coffee
If youre already a fan of coffee, then youre really going to love this recipe for keto coffee, also known as butter coffee. What if youve never had coffee before? Well, this just may be the cup that makes you a fan. Honestly, its one of my favorite keto recipes.
In moderation, high-quality organic coffee can definitely have its proven coffee health benefits. This recipe takes coffee to another level, a much healthier level in my opinion. Instead of just mainly getting a punch of eye-opening caffeine with a solid dose of antioxidants, this recipe adds in nutritional powerhouse ingredients like grass-fed butter and collagen powder made from bone broth to give you a sustainable boost of energy that doesnt leave you falling flat a few hours later.
You may have already heard of the keto diet. Maybe youre even following it at this very moment. One of the central aspects of this intriguing diet, which was originally developed for epilepsy patients in the 1920s, is that it contains a very low amount of carbohydrates and a high amount of fats. In addition to possibly helping followers shed unwanted pounds, a ketogenic diet has even been shown in scientific research to be help combat cancer as well as other serious chronic health issues.
Benefits Of Brain Octane C8 Mct Oil In Bulletproof Coffee
MCT stands for medium-chain triglycerides . MCT oil boosts ketone production on the keto dietand of the MCT oils out there, Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil is scientifically backed as the best of the best. This top-notch fat is a staple ingredient in Bulletproof Coffee recipe because of its:
- Purity: Its pure C8 derived from 100% coconut oil. Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil is triple-distilled and purified with just water, heat and pressure. That means you get pure, highly ketogenic C8 MCTs.
- Quality: All of our MCT oils are produced according to our strict quality standards.
- Taste: Its flavorless and odorless, unlike some other MCT oils, and typical coconut oilif youre not a fan of coconutty things.
More Recipes From Bulletproof
Breaking down the science
Different types of fats have different jobs. And because of Brain Octane C8 MCT Oils molecular structure, its four times more effective than plain coconut oil at raising your ketone levels, so your body and brain can run more on fat instead of glucose. This is what gives you sustained energy, sans the crash.
The best part: While MCT oil is amazing for keto dieters, you dont have to be in ketosis to benefit from it. In fact, research shows that Brain Octane C8 MCT oil doubles the available ketone energy in a healthy brainregardless of the diet you follow.
Also Check: Jack In The Box Iced Coffee Caffeine
Does Keto Make You Lose Weight Faster
If youre obese or overweight, you can expect to lose weight faster on keto. But if you fall into the normal range, your weight loss goal probably isnt too high, and the process may be slower. If youre underweight according to your BMI, speak to your doctor about using the ketogenic diet to lose weight.