Homemade Whipped Cream Is Best
Want to make an over-the-top delicious Irish coffee with Baileys? Make homemade whipped cream! Its amazing how much tastier and fluffier this stuff is vs Cool Whip. Of course, we wont judge if youre in a hurry: but it takes just 2 minutes to whisk up.
- Try this homemade recipe: Use Homemade Whipped Cream, which adds a bit of powdered sugar for some sweetness.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. This makes just the right soft texture for topping a drink hard peaks make it too fluffy and buoyant.
- Float it on top using the back of a spoon. This helps you gently place the cream on top of the drink.
Use Irish Coffee Mugs
Last tip for Baileys Irish Cream coffee: serve it up in an Irish coffee mugs! Of course, you can use whatever cup or glass you like. But a nice thing about the special mug is that it holds exactly the size of this drink: and it feels more fun drinking it! Here are the Irish coffee mugs we use: theyre sleek and are exactly the right size to fit the drink recipe.
Best Coffee For Baileys And Coffee
You can use your favorite coffee bean and method for this Baileys coffee: anything goes! But it will taste different depending on your method. Heres what wed recommend:
- Dark roast coffee: This is most traditional flavor-wise, and will tastes more straightforward with a bitter finish. Make it up in your standard coffee pot.
- Medium roast coffee: Using medium roast coffee makes a much lighter drink: which we enjoyed! We made medium roast with our standard pour-over method: the Chemex coffee maker.
- Try Aeropress for a single cup: If you want to make one cup at once, the Aeropress is an inexpensive and slick method.
- Or, go decaf: Drinking Baileys coffee as an after dinner drink? You may want to opt for decaf: its just as good.
Read Also: Coffee Pods Compatible With Verismo
How To Make Homemade Baileys Irish Cream
You can prepare our quick and easy Baileys Iced Coffee by simply using a bottle of store bought Irish Cream. If you dont have Baileys on hand, or enjoy cooking from scratch, try making this easy homemade Irish Whiskey Cream recipe.
Simply combine the ingredients below with a whisk in a large bowl. You can store the homemade Whiskey Irish Cream in a glass jar in your fridge for up to a month. It tastes great stirred into a cup of morning coffee or muddled with ice.
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
Best Whiskey For Irish Coffee
Any whiskey will work and will make your Irish coffee taste amazing. You could even experiment with other alcohols if you like.
However, if youre looking to make this recipe a little more authentic and traditional, then I would recommend using Jameson Irish Whiskey. When researching the Irish coffee recipe, this seemed to be the popular choice of whiskey.
Don’t Miss: How Much Caffeine In Diet Snapple
Homemade Irish Cream Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 packet of Starbucks Via instant coffee
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-2 cups whiskey . I use whatever whiskey I have, or the cheapest. Theres really no sense in wasting a top-shelf spirit when you are going to be mixing it with all these other extremely delicious ingredients.
Baileys Iced Coffee Flavours
Weve used Baileys Original Irish Cream in this iced coffee recipe but the brand makes several unique flavours. Feel free to get creative by flavouring your Baileys Iced Coffee cocktail with salted caramel or chocolate cherry.
- Baileys Almande: a perfect option for vegans, this 100% dairy free Baileys is a blend of almond and vanilla flavour.
- Baileys Salted Caramel: classic Baileys Original Irish Cream is flavoured with salted caramel.
- Baileys Espresso Creme: classic Baileys Original Irish Cream is flavoured with salted caramel.
- Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon: classic Baileys Original Irish Cream is flavoured with bold espresso. This is one of our favourite flavours to use when making Baileys Iced Coffee.
- Baileys Chocolate Cherry: classic Baileys Original Irish Cream is flavoured with vanilla and cinnamon.
- Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake: classic Baileys Original Irish Cream is flavoured with like a Red Velvet Cupcake and pours a pretty pink colour. Perfect for Valentines Day or Mothers Day brunch.
Read Also: How To Get Coffee Stains Out Of Car Seats
Variations On The Baileys Iced Coffee
If youd still like your iced coffee non-alcoholic, head on over and check out Martas Italian Shakerato recipe! This is a perfect outside ship on a hot summers day.
Another favourite of ours is to enjoy a Flat White Baileys Martini. Again Baileys and iced coffee are the start in this stunning and sophisticated evening sip
Dont forget to check out all our favourite Baileys Irish Cream recipes here.
Mama Loves A Drink advocates quality over quantity. Always drink responsibly!
Like it? Share it with a friend!
How To Make The Best Irish Coffee Cocktail
Making drinks at home can often be more hassle than its worth, but luckily making Irish coffee at home is as simple as can be. With just a few simple steps and a handful of ingredients, this Baileys Irish coffee can be whipped up in a flash.
To start simply preheat an Irish coffee glass or regular coffee mug then fill the warm mug 3/4 full with coffee. Once the coffee is poured add brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
Finish off the cocktail by adding the Irish cream and stir to incorporate. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg and serve hot.
Don’t Miss: Caffeine And Dry Eyes
Dairy Free Irish Coffee Creamer
If you want a dairy free alternative, then what you can do is just make the coffee without the whiskey, Baileys, sugar and cream. And you can just add this wonderful non-dairy coffee creamer made by Judi from Savouring Today. Here is her recipe!: Irish Coffee Creamer
And to make Judys coffee creamer vegan, you can simply use brown sugar or golden syrup instead of honey.
Easy Baileys Irish Coffee Recipe
An amazing 5 minute treat that is amped up with Baileys liqueur. This is one of the best coffee drinks youll ever have, just a few ingredients that work so well together. This baileys Irish coffee recipe is also wonderful to serve on St Patricks Day!
This was definitely a new experience for me, an experience that I loved though. For those who are interested in the origin of Irish coffee, it was created in 1943 by Joe Sheridan at Foynes Port which is close to Limerick in Ireland.
It really is just a cup of coffee with a few other wonderful ingredients added to it. Which not only makes this a simple recipe, it also makes this a recipe that is so easy to personalise.
So, for example, if you wanted an Irish coffee that isnt too heavy, you could serve it without the cream and just add a bit of milk instead. Or if you wanted to make it extra heavy, you could serve ice-cream instead of cream. So go nuts!
Don’t Miss: V8 Energy Vs Red Bull
What Ingredients Go Into This Drink
Just a handful of really tasty things. Let’s walk through them:
- Iced coffee: You can use iced coffee OR use cold brew . If you want to go the cold brew route, check out my recipe! Personally, I don’t think that it’s necessary to sweeten the coffee, since the liqueurs are pretty sweet, but you do you!
- Irish Cream liqueur: St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, after all.
- Chocolate liqueur: I used a chocolate liqueur from a local distillery here in Durham.
- Half and half: You don’t have to add milk, cream, and/or half and half, but I prefer to take my coffee with some half and half.
Special Equipment For This Recipe
- Irish Coffee Mugs the classic glass mug, in a nice 4 pc set. I use these for hot chocolate too!
- Strong coffee this is the brand we love!
Having an Irish St. Patricks Day feast? This is the perfect drink to serve afterwards!!
Here are some other recipes that would be perfect for St. Patricks Day:
Don’t Miss: Homemade Kahlua With Everclear
How To Make Irish Cream Coffee
Making Irish cream coffee is as simple as pouring the right amount of coffee, Irish whiskey, and Irish cream into mug and topping it with lightly whipped cream. Sure, you can use a fancy Irish coffee glass like mine, but its totally not necessary, especially when St. Patricks Day falls on a Tuesday.
What You Need To Make This Irish Cream Coffee Recipe
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
- Coffee pot
- MugsI used a hot drinks glass, but you could easily use an Irish Coffee glass for this recipe, too
You also need a few ingredients, too.
- Your favorite brewed black coffeeI used decaf here because I cant drink regular coffee after noon, haha!
- Baileys Original Irish Cream or homemade Irish Cream liqueur if thats your jam
- Sweetened whipped creambecause this makes a wonderful topping! Just make sure its lightly whipped because we want it to melt into the hot coffee drink.
- Ground cinnamon and nutmegto add some spice on top of the whipped cream
You May Like: Chick Fil A Cold Brew Caffeine
Use Only Irish Whiskey For Classic Irish Coffee
No question: Irish coffee should be made with Jameson. Its smooth, sweet, and just a touch spicy, plus its not too damaging on the wallet. If youve already got a whiskey collection at home you want to use, choose something in the mid-range with a mild, sweet finish to counter the bitter coffee.
Read more: Why I Drink Jameson
How Does This Drink Come Together
If you have iced coffee or cold brew coffee handy, you can make this cocktail in a minute or two!
All you need to do is pour some iced coffee/cold brew, Irish Cream and chocolate liqueurs, and some dairy into a tall glass with ice. Give it a little stir, pop a straw in there, and you’re good to go!
You can check out some step-by-step photos below.
You May Like: Caffeine In Diet Snapple Peach Tea
Making Lightly Whipped Cream
The only part that is a little tricky is getting the whipped cream just right. When I say lightly whipped cream I mean cream that is just thickened but not yet firm enough to form peaks. The ideas is to make a whipped cream that is soft enough to drink along with your beverage, instead of just floating on top, making it creamier with every sip.
Getting to this stage with homemade whipped cream is quicker and easier than making actual whipped cream. In fact, for the photos I whipped the cream by hand with a whisk in under five minutes. It took less time than assembling then cleaning my mixer. Looking for an easier way? Check out my friend Carolines post about making whipped cream with a milk frother. Just dont over whip it!
Why Make This Recipe
Baileys Irish cream is one of the best liqueurs to go into a coffee . Particularly if you prefer a creamier or milky coffee. Baileys coffee is super easy to make and all you need is coffee, baileys, honey and cream.
This particular recipe uses black coffee with Baileys added directly to this. However, a latte coffee could be used so making a Baileys latte version instead.
Make for an afternoon treat in front of the fire on a colds winter day or whip up this warming baileys beverage for your guests after a festive dinner party.
You May Like: Swiss Water Decaf Brands
Travel To Ireland To Sip Baileys Iced Coffee
Theres no better way to familiarize yourself with the best Baileys Iced Coffee recipe then by planning a vacation to visit the worlds best whiskey distilleries.
Fly over to Ireland and youll find plenty of fine whiskey produced by famous distilleries like Jamesons and Bushmills. Theres no better way to educate yourself about Irish Whiskey then by taking a tour of Jameson Distillery near Cork and Bushmills along the Causeway Coast. Theyre both worth a day trip from Dublin.
Every pub, bar, restaurants and hotel cocktail bar in Ireland has a bottle of Baileys on a shelf somewhere ready to satisfy a weary traveler.
While the most famous way to use Baileys is by adding a few glugs to your morning coffee, in Ireland its also added to a bowl of oatmeal porridge or decadent Baileys French Toast.
You May Also Enjoy Reading
Can I Make My Own Whipped Cream
Its not Irish coffee without the cream. While you can certainly use store-bought, theres nothing better than homemade whipped cream! Its super easy to make.
How to Make Homemade whipped cream:
Add one tablespoon of sugar to a cold mixing bowl. Then add one cup of heavy whipping cream and whip with an electric mixer on high until the cream thickens and forms peaks.
NOTE: The original Irish Coffee Recipe calls for lightly whipped cream, but if you want to pile the cream high, you should whip to stiff peaks.
You May Like: How Much Caffeine In Dunkin Decaf
Baileys Irish Cream With Coffee
Irish cream coffee! Baileys coffee is an easy recipe to serve up at home as afternoon treat or in place of dessert after a meal. Its especially great at Christmas with a bit of nutmeg sprinkled on top!
Whats In Irish Coffee
Ive seen Irish coffee made a few different ways, but the main ingredients usually consist of:
- Brewed coffee
- Irish whiskey
- Thick cream
When it comes to Irish coffee, the idea is to drink the coffee through the thick cream.
As for what cream you should use, you can make your own homemade cream OR for a quick-fix you can even use something store-bought . For these photos, I used Reddi Whip.
From there, you can embellish the coffee however you see fit. For example, I like to add Irish cream and chocolate shavings for a little extra sweetness and flavor.
Recommended Reading: Bjs Nespresso Pods
This Is The Proper Way To Serve Baileys And Coffee
Baileys and coffee is a cold weather classic, but have you been getting the measurements right this whole time? We went straight to Baileys to get their official recipe for Baileys and coffee.
You know what pairs beautifully with a Baileys and coffee? A selection of fresh-baked goodies from this roundup of our best Christmas cookie recipes of all time.
Why I Love This Recipe:
This Irish Cream coffee drink honestly tastes like something Ive had at a restaurant before, and I love a good post-dinner drink thats not port.
Its warming and comforting and delicious and its incredibly simple to make, too!
Here are a few thoughts on why this Irish Cream Coffee is something you want to make at home:
- Its comforting and warming!
- Remember after-dinner drinks at restaurants? This tastes like one of those.
- Its slightly sweet and has a nutty aftertaste, which is the perfect way to end a day.
Want another mixed drink, but dont know where to begin? Head on over to my Cocktail Recipe Index for inspiration!
Recommended Reading: How Much Caffeine In A Strawberry Acai Refresher
Baileys And Coffee Recipe
One of the easiest coffee recipes to make is a straight-up Baileys and Coffee.
We love this recipe because the name says it all: take some coffee, add Baileys. Done.
You can adjust the ratio to suit your personal taste preferences, all the way up to half-and-half.
And if you really want to treat yourself, try this Baileys coffee cake recipe.
Variations Of Irish Coffee
Ever since the original Irish coffee recipe gained popularity different variations have popped up to add diversity to this delicious coffee cocktail. I personally love the baileys Irish coffee version, but if you want to switch things up a bit, be sure to try out a few of these other Irish coffee versions.
Original Irish Coffee Recipe Fresh brewed strong coffee, brown sugar, and a jigger of good Irish whiskey. Top with a collar of lightly whipped cream by gently pouring over the back of a spoon.
Baileys Irish Coffee Recipe This version uses Baileys Irish Cream instead of whiskey and is sweeter with a fuller body than the original.
Buena Vista Irish Coffee Recipe Replace the brown sugar with two sugar cubes and top with lightly whipped cream.
Kahlua Recipe Add Kahlua instead of Baileys, hot coffee, and Irish Whiskey.
Irish Cream Coffee Recipe Half Irish whiskey and half Baileys. Topped with a Maraschino cherry hat.
Also Check: Black Rifle Coffee Company Net Worth